Commissionaires Ottawa is a not-for-profit provider of security services to government and private sector clients. Employing over 3,500 people in the Western Quebec and Greater Ottawa areas, our mission is to provide security services that exceed our clients’ expectations by deploying the very best disciplined, experienced and trained security professionals.
- Conducting internal/external security foot patrols of the building
- Responsibility and safeguarding against fire and safety hazards
- Controlling access / egress
- Reporting incidents to the Shift Commander
- Documenting security infractions
- Answering the telephone
- Providing general information and assistance
- Issuing and receiving keys
- Conducting routine searches of bags, parcels etc.
- Performing other related duties as required
Required Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Canadian Forces (Regular / Reserve) or RCMP service
- Previous employment as a Security Guard or Police Foundations Certificate (completed or in progress)
- Customer service experience and good computer skills
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Clear criminal record and able to obtain Secret Security clearance (min 10 years verifiable history)
- Minimum 18 years of age, High School diploma, good physical health
- Willing and able to work irregular hours (days, afternoons, midnights, weekends and holidays)
- Fluent English language skills , functional French language skills
If you would enjoy working with our team of committed professionals, please complete our online application form.
In accordance with our mandate, applicants with service in the Canadian Forces or RCMP will be given preference, however, all qualified applicants will be considered.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.