Commissionaires Hamilton is one of the largest security providers in Southern Ontario, with established clients such as Educational Institutions, Commercial Industry, Municipalities, Provincial and Federal Government facilities. Our Regional Office is located in Hamilton with an area of operation that includes Niagara, Burlington, Guelph, Brantford, Cambridge and Kitchener/Waterloo.
- Conducting internal/external security foot patrols of the building;
- Safeguarding against fire and safety hazards;
- Pedestrian and vehicle access control;
- Reporting incidents to the Shift Supervisor;
- Documenting security infractions;
- Answering the telephone;
- Providing general information and assistance;
- Issuing and receiving keys;
- Conducting routine searches; and
- Performing other related duties as required.
Required Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Clear criminal record and able to obtain a Federal Secret Security clearance (min 10 years verifiable history);
- Minimum 18 years of age, High School diploma, good physical health;
- Hold a current Ontario Drivers Licence;
- Hold a current Ontario Security Guard Licence
- Computer literate;
- Willing and able to work irregular hours (days, afternoons, midnights, weekends and holidays); and
- Fluent English language skills, functional French language skills would be an asset.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a resume indicating “Kitchener/Waterloo, Guelph, Ontario - Security Guard” in the subject line to email@example.com.
151 York Boulevard
Hamilton, Ontario L8R 3M2
905 527 9948
In accordance with our mandate, applicants with service in the Canadian Forces or RCMP will be given preference, however, all qualified applicants will be considered.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.