- Provide superior customer service to clients and general public.
- Provide access control and security foot patrols as needed.
- Proactively respond to and resolve emergency situations and conflicts.
- Complete evacuation and emergency response procedures.
- Communicate problems or concerns to the site supervisor.
- Possess excellent multi-tasking, problem solving, prioritizing and organizational abilities.
- Have knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations.
- Perform all duties with high safety standards.
Required Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Must be a Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, or have lived in Canada for at least the last 5 years.
- Must be minimum 19 years of age
- Must be physically fit and able to stand for long periods at a time.
- Must be able to work in a range of weather conditions throughout shift.
- Must pass a criminal record check and obtain a reliability security clearance.
- Must possess a valid B.C. security workers licence and a valid standard first aid certificate, or be willing to complete the training and testing necessary.
- Must be fluent in the English language - written, verbal and reading skills.
- Must have a positive attitude with a professional demeanour, and strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Have excellent attention to detail to fulfill duties and responsibilities and incident report writing.
- Have excellent problem solving skills with an ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Have the ability to work independently and make sound decisions in varying situations.
- Have a demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public.
- Preference will be given to applicants who possess a valid B.C. security workers licence and can work various shifts, rotating days, afternoons and nights as required.
- Possession of a valid B.C. driver’s licence, fluency in another language, military or police experience, or experience in the security industry are assets.
- $500 signing bonus for applicants with an existing BC security workers licence
- Flexible part and full time employment in variety of job sites
- Free Basic Security Training and First Aid training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Group-life, medical & dental coverage
- Paid sick, vacation and personal needs time-off
- RRSP contributions and more...
If you are a licensed security officer or require information on how to join the Commissionaires, please contact us.
We appreciate your interest in joining Commissionaires. Only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.