We have an on-going requirement to provide security services to various clients in Regina, Moose Jaw, Yorkton and Swift Current. Several full and part time positions are available. Duties may include access control, foot and vehicle patrols, monitoring of CCTV systems and alarm panels, parking enforcement and other security related duties as required. Since security is a 24/7/365 business, applicants must be willing to accept shifts at any time, day or night.
A valid Saskatchewan Class 5 license is required along with a clean driving record. A personal vehicle for transportation is an asset.
Applicants must be fluent in English and may be required to show proficiency through an English language assessment. Computer skills are also an asset.
In order to obtain a valid Saskatchewan Security Guard License all security guards must attend a 40 hour provincial security guard course and pass a provincial examination. Certain sites require from 32 – 40 more hours of additional training, including WHMIS, Dealing With Difficult People, Standard First Aid/CPR (A)/AED and other site-specific training.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old and in good physical condition, should be able to stand for extended periods of time, and display good decision making, problem solving and communication skills. All applicants must submit to a criminal records check.
- Respond to alarms, bomb threats and other emergencies;
- Ensure safety and emergency procedures are followed;
- Monitor security television;
- Follow radio and emergency telephone procedures;
- Use telecommunications (i.e. two-way radio, cell phone, pager);
- Check age identification of patrons Resolve conflict situations;
- Appear in court as witness;
- Control vehicular and pedestrian traffic;
- Detect or prevent thefts and vandalism;
- Enforce regulations of establishments;
- Maintain order;
- Make arrests under the Criminal Code of Canada;
- Operate security control room equipment;
- Write reports.
Required Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Valid Saskatchewan Security Guard Licence;
- Security Guard basic (pre-assignment ) training program certificate;
- Driver's validity licence check;
- Basic security clearance;
- Educational facility;
- Construction site;
- Factory or plant;
- Financial institution;
- Government building;
- Hospital/medical facility;
- Private business;
- Public event.
Type of Assignments
- Foot patrol;
- Fixed post;
- Patrol post;
- Roving patrol;
- Vehicle patrol.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Computer use;
- Critical thinking;
- Decision making;
- Problem solving;
- Working with others;
- Oral communication;
- Reading text;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Own vehicle.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Standing for extended periods;
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking;
- Attention to detail;
- Work under pressure.
If you would enjoy working with our team of committed professionals, please forward your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; fax: 352-5494; or mail: Commissionaires Saskatchewan, 122 Albert Street, Regina, Saskatchewan, S4R 2N2.
In accordance with our mandate, applicants with service in the Canadian Forces or RCMP will be given preference, however, all qualified applicants will be considered.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education: Grade 12
Experience: 1-2 years