Employment Opportunity – Manager of Finances and Accounting (Not-for-Profit)
1. Commissionaires Hamilton is seeking a qualified bookkeeper/finance comptroller to fill a full-time position with the organization. The Manager of Finances and Accounting is responsible for all the financial aspects of the Commissionaires (Hamilton). Duties include but are not limited to processing payroll, processing accounts receivable and accounts payable, budget preparation, producing and maintaining reports, supervision and training of our Financial Assistant and any general duties that may be required from time to time.
2. The specific requirements and abilities of the Manager of Finances and Accounting are described as follows:
a) process and distribute payroll using payroll information received including time sheets, uniform sales reports, etc. and including the creation of journal entries for uniform sales,
b) process billing information, transmit invoices to clients (mail or email), record and deposit all payments and maintain and update client information as required,
c) issue sundry cheques, payments, petty cash, wage assignment payments, and monitor bank account,
d) prepare regular monthly reports including a Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Statement, and Accounts Receivable, or as requested
e) prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports which includes financial statements, bank reconciliations, military status, hiring report, HST report and payment, WSIB report and payment, new hire report, overtime report, annual budget, assist with the annual financial audit and arrange for destruction of financial records,
f) supervise and prepare their financial assistant to ensure that all duties can be performed during vacation and/or unplanned absences,
g) answer financial and payroll calls from clients, suppliers, HQ staff, employees, government agencies, payroll service provider and members of the Board of Directors,
h) provide any necessary assistance to the dispatcher with Spare board entries and updating and providing a rate sheet to HQ staff,
i) execute all banking support– deposits, monitor cash flow/investments, pick up payroll documents,
j) remit employee deductions, EHT, WSIB, Liberty Health, Wage Assignments,
k) issue T-4’s and submit T-4/T-4A summary and WSIB Summary,
l) assist in budget (Annual & Mid-Term) preparation, and
m) be prepared to be fully aware of the Hamilton Division Policies & Procedures.
3. The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and licenses:
a) Successful completion of post-secondary diploma or certificate program in financial management or bookkeeping
b) A minimum two-years of related accounting/bookkeeping experience
c) Sound knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
d) Strong practical knowledge working with Quick Books On-line, Microsoft Excel, and a payroll processing software application such as Ceridian Power Pay
e) Strong working knowledge of AP and AR functions
f) High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
g) Effective attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
h) Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
i) Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
j) Strong interpersonal skills for communication with HQ personnel, staff, and clients
4. The anticipated start date for the position is March 1, 2021. Interviews for selected candidates will occur to meet that deadline. All expressions of interest must include a summary of your qualifications. Submissions by fax, or email with attachments are acceptable.
5. Detailed queries regarding compensation or specific duty requirements may be made within the interview process.
• On-site parking
• Casual dress
• Accessible by public transit