The Commissionaires is Canada’s premier security provider, offering a unique combination of integrity, experience and innovation. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years. A solid Canadian company more than 20,000 people strong, we are a well-trained diverse team of former military, police and others, of all ages. With the highest industry retention rate, our workforce has the stability and experience to anticipate and resolve problems before they occur and we strive to develop collaborative long-term client relationships.
The Arrest Processing Officer (APO) will assist Calgary Police Service (CPS) officers with the day-to-day operations of the Arrest Processing Section (APS). You will be responsible for assisting CPS officers with the initial handling of arrestees, booking in arrestees, assisting with finger printing and monitoring arrestees on 20 or more CCTV screens, while remaining alert and focused at all times. You will also be responsible for cell checks.
We are currently looking for Casual/relief Arrest Processing Officers for coverage on sick days, vacations, and long term leaves. The Arrest Processing Officers alternate 12 hour day/night shifts. You must be able to work days/over-night and shift work to be considered for these positions. Casual positions could lead to an opportunity of full-time in the future.
- Valid Alberta Security License
- Minimum Emergency First Aid
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Successfully complete a CPS enhanced security clearance background check (Minimum 5 years residency in Canada)
- Above average physical fitness and professionalism
- Strong computer skills ability to learn technology devices (phones, equipment)
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a high paced, dynamic and fluid environment
- Ability to handle stress, work well with others and function effectively during demanding situations
- High level of English fluency for speaking, reading and writing
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with strong organizational, time management and priority setting skills
Applicants must submit a resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements.
*The Division respects your human rights and will accommodate protected grounds in accordance with its lawful obligations.
All job applicants must be residents of Canada.
Only those applicants who have been chosen for an interview will be notified.