July 1, 2023
We are currently recruiting for a Background Screening Agent to work at our Offices in the NCR (Gatineau, Ottawa, and Nepean).
What you will be doing…
The Bilingual Background Screening Agent is responsible to provide digital and ink/roll fingerprinting services, providing a confidential service to the public in application of background screening, and to provide a service for Pardon/Waiver Application Processing. This includes meeting with clients, completing documentation, liaising with courts and police departments as required and submissions to the National Parole Board.
Some of your responsibilities include…
- Verification of individual documentation and meeting specific requirements of requesting agency
- Maintaining effective administrative and operating procedures in relation to fingerprinting, police searches, and pardon applications including weekly and monthly reporting
- Working on identifying opportunities for fingerprinting, criminal background checks, and pardon/waiver processing
- Processing of payments including cash handling and weekly cash float balancing, as well as bulk billing reconciliation
What’s in it for you?
- Work for a reputable and nationally known company
- Work in a challenging and rewarding work environment
- Employer paid professional development
- Employee discount programs, social outings and holiday gatherings
You’re a good fit if you have…
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- A strong customer/client service orientation
- An ability to demonstrate diplomacy, courtesy and maturity in dealing with clients and colleagues in a high profile and culturally diverse environment
- Exceptional discretion and the ability to record and maintain confidential information
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- An ability to operate effectively in a continually multi-tasked environment with changing and sometimes conflicting priorities
- A high degree of self-motivation and initiative – the ability to operate effectively with minimal or no supervision
- An advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Intermediate to Advanced level of Excel
- A high degree of analytical and problem solving skills, logic-based thinking, attention to detail, sound judgement and decision-making skills, specifically while independently working in a mobile field environment
- Experience with fingerprinting or a technical background
- A valid Secret clearance (with no restrictions) or the ability to obtain one in a timely manner
- Ability to speak, read & write fluently in English and French
- You are able to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Flexibility – this role will require the incumbent to work out of the Ottawa (Nepean), Gatineau and Ottawa Downtown offices.
- Solid computer skills (MS Office Suite and Client Relationship Management Systems or other software programs)
DON’T WAIT! Send your resume to [email protected] today! A member of our Human Resources team will contact all suitable candidates of interest.
NOTE: Only those candidates that meet the specified requirements will be considered for this position. Candidates that do not meet the requirements may be considered for similar opportunities.
Commissionaires values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Commissionaires’ Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Commissionaires’ hiring process.
We appreciate all who apply, however we will only be contacting candidates of interest.