What you will be doing…
Salary: $91,000 to $110,000 a year, commensurate with experience and education
The Manager Employee and Labour Relations is responsible and accountable to the Chief Human Resources and Shared Services Officer for developing, implementing and managing various processes and programs in the areas of employee and labour relations.
The Manager provides expert advice and guidance to the directors, assigned managers and senior supervisors, administers and interprets collective agreements and is the point of contact for the grievance and arbitration processes. The Manager also prepares the company’s representations and submissions for arbitration and judicial bodies such as the Human Rights Tribunal and the courts.
Some of your responsibilities include…
- Developing, implementing and managing new policies, approaches and procedures
- Leading and implementing change in response to employment legislative changes
- Conducting HR investigations and case file reviews and preparing responses
- Preparing responses to Ministry of Labour complaints, Human Rights Tribunal complaints and Access to Information requests
- Providing advice and guidance on sensitive employee cases such as workplace conflict, workplace accommodations, performance, discipline, attendance issues, harassment complaints, terminations, etc.
- Preparing for arbitration and tribunal/court cases by conducting supplementary investigations, preparing case files, analyzing issues and preparing arguments and witnesses
- Preparing for and participating in union negotiations
What’s in it for you?
- Work for a reputable and nationally known company
- Work in a challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive salary and Employer paid professional development
- A comprehensive benefits package
You’re a good fit if you have…
- Experience in conflict management, mediations, facilitation and the negotiations process
- Proven skills in coaching and developing others
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Are able to multitask while remaining organized, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong influencing and persuasion skills
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to apply sound judgement and develop innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Effective planning, organizing and time management skills
- Exceptional people and customer service skills with the ability to relate well to people at all levels of the organization
- A keen understanding of operational needs and are capable to find win-win solutions
- Some knowledge of the security industry (asset)
- Bilingualism (French/English) is a must
- Post-Secondary Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Human Resources (a combination of education and experience will be considered) CHRP, CHRL (asset)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of Human Resources at the management level
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Labour Relations administering collective agreements, including presenting at arbitration
- Thorough knowledge of federal and provincial legislation related to Employment Standards, Human Rights, Labour Relations and up to date knowledge of jurisprudence in labour and employment law
- A thorough knowledge of best practices and trends in human resources management
- Experience in policy and program development and implementation
- Experience providing advice and guidance to managers and employees
- Reliability security clearance (or able to obtain)
If we’re the right fit for you, we want to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter to [email protected] today!
Only those candidates that meet the specified requirements will be considered for this position. Candidates that do not meet the requirements may be considered for similar opportunities.
Commissionaires values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Commissionaires’ Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Commissionaires’ hiring process.
We appreciate all who apply, however we will only be contacting candidates of interest.