Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years.
We are continually hiring responsible team members who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians. Commissionaires’ team is comprised of former military, police, and others of all ages. Our employees work in a variety of roles such as General Security, Alarm Response, Concierge and Support to Law Enforcement, and Support to Government.
As part of our ever-expanding work force, we are looking for Parking Monitors. Reporting to the Supervisor, Traffic Enforcement, this position is responsible for issuing Parking Tickets within designated areas of Lethbridge.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor areas as assigned by the Peace Office in charge of Municipal Bylaw Enforcement for violations of City of Lethbridge parking bylaws.
- Check to ensure all signs are posted within the location being monitored.
- Report any lack of signs or confusing signs to the Peace Officer in charge of Municipal Bylaw Enforcement.
- Communicate with dispatch.
- Properly complete parking tags and warning by clearly printing the violation, location, vehicle license plate number, vehicle description, date, time and regimental number.
- Record accurate information on the Parking Ticket Location Log.
- Maintain vehicle provided to Parking Monitors.
- Perform any other reasonable duties requested by the Supervisor, Traffic Enforcement.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Must provide a complete disclosure package and pass a Polygraph test.
- Must possess a valid security guard license.
- Must possess a valid driver’s record clean driving abstract.
- Exceptional computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to use an Operational Radio/Telephone.
- Must be able to remain calm and effective.
- First Aid/CPR and AED training to be completed/recertified in accordance with the industry standard.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Service orientation training.
- Successful completion of the Corps of Commissionaires (Health and Safety Manual).
- Preference will be given to graduates of a Criminal Justice Program, former Military/RCMP or those holding CPO status.