Winnipeg, Brandon, Other Manitoba locations
Rotating shifts, Variable hours
Commissionaires Manitoba offers competitive wages, flexible hours, and uniforms. Commissionaires Manitoba is always looking for versatile and highly motivated personnel to augment our team. As a successful candidate you must:
- Be physically able to perform security duties, highly reliable, have excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills, work well under pressure
- Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Child Abuse Registry checks required to obtain Security Guard license; Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Bilingualism (English/French) is always an asset and sometimes a requirement for specific work sites
We have created a work environment that respects our team of professionals and provides opportunities for enriching skills and allowing Commissionaires to achieve their personal goals. We offer initial and on-going training to promote the highest level of professionalism.
Under the direction of our Operational Management, individual Commissionaires provide security services to our clients by following established post orders applicable to the specific site, location, or contract they are assigned to. Duties include:
- Performing access controls
- Conducting foot patrols
- Conducting mobile (vehicle) patrols
- Ensuring client property is secure in accordance with post orders
- Securing premises as required by site post orders
- Completing daily logs and written reports as necessary
Along with your willingness and ability to provide superior customer service, security, and protection to clients and their property and assets, confidentiality is a must. Ideally you possess an excellent employment record.
Commissionaires MB is an active participant in the Lone Worker Monitoring program for all employees working alone.
Required Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Graduation from grade 12 is preferred
- Everyone must successfully complete the Commissionaire Manitoba Security Guard Training (MSGTP) Program course/Commissionaires Qualifying Course in order to be licensed as a Security Guard in Manitoba. We will train the right candidate at our training academy. Our thirteen day basic training course includes the five day Provincial MSGTP Course, one day Emergency First Aid & CPR /AED as well as our seven day Commissionaire unique training program.
- Canadian Forces and RCMP experience will be given priority
- Foreign military or police service will be considered an asset
- An Enhanced Security clearance is required for most sites
- Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills are required in most sites; (email, Word, data entry in Excel)
- Ability to walk large areas, sit or stand for extended periods of time, indoors and out
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to follow direction
- Leadership skills would be an asset
If you would enjoy working with our team of committed professionals, please complete our online application form.
In accordance with our mandate, applicants with service in the Canadian Forces or RCMP will be given preference, however, all qualified applicants will be considered.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Number Security Guard
Hours of Work
Casual hours available, with possible progression to Part-time and fulltime; must be able to commit to a minimum of two shifts per month; days, evenings, nights including weekends
Discussed at interview
Worksites include commercial and federal contracts, and mobile patrol positions.