March 24, 2023
We are currently recruiting for a Contract Administrator – Finance to work in person at our headquarters.
What you will be doing…
As part of the Finance Department under the supervision of the Supervisor, Contracts & Analytics is responsible for maintaining project accounting data in Commissionaires’ databases that are the foundation for all field payroll and client invoicing. The incumbent is also responsible to manage interdivisional project reconciliations and reporting.
Some of your responsibilities include…
- Reviews contracts for financial implications and changes in client information. Assign customer and project numbers
- Ensure the appropriate projects are created in Commissionaires databases, including client information, pay and billing rates, applicable sales tax schedules and appropriate budget cost categories with a high degree of accuracy. This function requires an in-depth knowledge of the financial system including payroll and invoicing requirements.
- Develops table, forms and systems to ensure information is manageable, organized and reportable
- Creates and maintains appropriate files for each contract/project ensuring all required information is included.
- Communicates project requirements to field supervisors/timekeepers and Field Operations Managers
- Manages inquiries from field supervisors, payroll administrators and Field Operations Managers related to project administration
- Provides training to Field Supervisors and HQ staff on contract issues
- Recommends process improvements related to the contract administration process
- Develops and distributes fee tables for various contract types and collective agreements
What’s in it for you?
- Work for a reputable and nationally known company
- Work in a challenging and rewarding work environment
- Employer paid professional development
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Generous paid time off, holidays and sick days
- Retirement plans with company matching of employee contributions
- Employee discount programs, social outings and holiday gatherings
You’re a good fit if you…
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, are tactful and diplomatic
- Strong ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and manage deadlines
- Have exceptional attention to details and high degree of accuracy
- Have strong customer service orientation, including the ability to simplify explanations of complex processes
- Ability to recognize, research, analyse problems and provide workable solutions
- Have the ability to analyse and problem solve complex issues with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong computer and system competency with a high level of spreadsheet skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English is essential, French is considered an asset
- Undergraduate Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or Accounting
- Minimum 5 years of project accounting experience and/or data analysis
- Experience with ERP system such as MS Dynamics GP and the Microsoft Office suite with advanced knowledge of spreadsheets
- Hold or have the ability to obtain a Secret level security clearance
- Knowledge of payroll procedures and legislative requirements is an asset
If we’re the right fit for you, we want to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter, to [email protected].
NOTE: Only those candidates that meet the specified requirements will be considered for this position. Candidates that do not meet the requirements may be considered for similar opportunities.
Commissionaires values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Commissionaires’ Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Commissionaires’ hiring process.
We appreciate all who apply, however we will only be contacting candidates of interest.