Commissionaires Manitoba is accepting applications for full and part time qualified candidates for employment as Detention Guards. Detention guards are responsible to monitor arrestees/detainees to ensure their safety and security according to procedures and protocols established by Brandon Police Service. Duties include but not limited to:
– Conduct searches of vacant cells.
– Ensure the safety, security, and well being of arrestees/detainees including performing regular checks every 15 minutes.
– Monitoring of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV).
– Assist Brandon Police Service members when required.
– Perform escort duties as required.
– Organize meals, and handle/dispense of laundry items, may be required to launder items as required.
– Record all activities, maintain logbooks, complete written and electronic documentation.
– Adherence to all Brandon Police policies.
Hours of Work
to be discussed at interview.
Applicants must be able to physically complete Use of Force training.
Training in First Aid/CPR, Detention Guard will be provided.
Applicants must be able to wear protective vests and other PPE as may be required for the duration of the shift.
Applicants must be able to undergo training in virtual (computer) environment, thus a reliable computer and internet connection is required.