Offered in: Southern Alberta
Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years. As part of our ever-expanding work force, we are looking for a Dockmaster Supervisor at the Calgary Airport.
The Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of dock operations as well as the supervision of the dockmasters in their daily assignments, ensuring efficient, safe, and secure delivery of goods received at the dock. This will involve constant and positive coordination with YYC Airport Authority and Tenants. In addition, this position will provide front line supervision in enforcing Transport Canada regulations with regards to secure supply chain procedures.
A split shift work week of 8 hour shifts Mon-Fri, consisting of a set rotation of 0600-1400 and 0830 -1630. Two dockmasters on a 4 hour shift on Sat of 0800-1200, on a rotational basis. Rotations are subject to change as directed by the Manager. (This is under pre-Covid conditions and may change post Covid.
In the meantime, the Dockmaster Supervisor works 0700 – 1530 (30 minute unpaid break)
- Must maintain a valid Transport Canada RAIC (Restricted Area Identification Card).
- Maintain Training Authorization Card (TAC) certification.
- Hold and Maintain dock equipment certification.
- Valid Emergency or Standard First Aid
- Must be fully vaccinated in accordance with client mandated requirements
- Committed to courteous and positive customer service with Authority Staff, Tenants and Drivers.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Proven time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple priorities under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Follow all direction from the CAA Material Manager while on duty.
- Ensuring Transport Canada Secure Supply Chain regulations and SOPs are followed.
- Verifying the nature and quantity of goods at the point of receipt including the verification of accompanying appropriate support documentation.
- Responsible for ensuring that all areas of the documentation, transportation and receipt of the goods process are completed successfully and in accordance with rules and regulations.
- Monitoring goods at the point of hand-over until the operator assumes possession or as delivered to the operator storage location.
- Ensure that established safety and emergency procedures are followed and respond to fire alarms and other emergencies.
- Ability to stand, walk, climb for long periods of time
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 20KGs.
- Standing for long periods on a pallet runner.
- Capable of kneeling, bending, and lifting boxes onto pallets.
- Capable of moving and securing good to pallets for onward delivery.
- Work 8/10/12 hour shifts, starting any time of the day/week/year.
- Driving equipment in utility corridors and small storage areas.
- May be exposed to prolonged periods or walking, sitting, and standing.
- Regularly climbing or descending material Handling equipment.
Probation and Evaluation Periods
This position will be subject to a physical assessment and a probationary period of 3 months. A formal evaluation will be completed at that time then annually thereafter or as directed by the Manager.
The Division respects your human rights and will accommodate protected grounds in accordance with its lawful obligations.
Applicants must submit a resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements. Only those applicants who have been chosen for an interview will be notified.