Why Work For Us:
Since 1925, the Canadian Corps of Commissionaires is a not-for-profit Federation of 15 different independent divisions and has been the largest private sector employer of veterans in Canada since 1925. The Corps has 22,000 employees, including 5000 veterans, across Canada.
At Commissionaires South Saskatchewan, we have close to 700 employees across the southern region of our province. Headquarters in Regina since 1948, Commissionaires South Saskatchewan lives in the communities it serves. We are not just another security provider nor are we interested in hiring just another security guard. We are different. We are interested in developing Commissionaires.
Our social mandate to provide meaningful employment to former members of the Canadian Armed Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and others who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians.
About the Current Position:
Commissionaires South Saskatchewan is looking for dedicated individuals to work as casual/on-call employees and for special events (such as festival security, Roughriders Games etc.) in Regina and surrounding areas. Depending on performance, and potential new contracts, this may develop into permanent full-time should the individuals be interested.
These entry-level positions would allow the employee to join in as a Corps member and have access to training that could lead to career opportunities.
- Must successfully complete a Criminal Record Check and reference background check.
- Must be able to work in Saskatchewan.
- Experience in the security industry seen as an asset.
- Multiple language profiles seen as an asset.
- Attention to detail and professional approach in all areas of work and appearance.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing in English.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Computer experience, including effective working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and e-mail.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with accuracy.
- Must be available to work statutory holidays and weekends.
- Defendant on position, may require a valid Saskatchewan Drivers License and clean drivers abstract.
- Emergency First Aid/CPR, Use of Force, Dealing with Difficult People training required or to be completed within one month of hiring. **
- Must have successfully completed the Ministry of Corrections and Policing forty (40) hour Private Investigators and Security Guard course and are licensable in the Province of Saskatchewan as a Security Guard.**
** Successful interviewees that do not yet have this training and are considered for employment will be offered the opportunity to complete this training through the Commissionaires before they are assigned to a position.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted and will be invited to participate in an interview process. Submit your resume with three references.
Please fill out the form below or fax 306-352-5494.