Why Work For Us:
Commissionaires is the only non-profit security company in Canada. That means our revenue goes right back to our operations and employees. It’s why we pay better than any of our competitors and can offer an attractive benefits package. We have been operating in Canada since 1925 and in Saskatchewan since 1948.
We offer security services such as guards for site security, mobile patrols, gate checks, alarm response, home and business watch, bylaw enforcement and more. We also offer services to individuals such as criminal record checks, security clearance, U.S. travel waivers, criminal record suspension, fingerprinting and secure courier services.
Commissionaires is proudly the leading employer of military and law enforcement veterans in Canada. We also hire anyone who wants to help keep people safe and secure.
With more than 500 employees working in more than 150 sites across southern Saskatchewan, Commissionaires offers a variety of workplaces and duties. You will see us at municipal offices in Weyburn, the Polytechnique campus in Moose Jaw, patrolling the streets in Melville or at the front desk of our Legislature in the heart of Regina.
About the Current Position:
Commissionaires South Saskatchewan is looking for dedicated individuals to work as a full-time permanent overnight Mobile Duty Officer in Regina. This contract will work doing roaming security throughout the City of Regina.
- Must have a valid Saskatchewan Drivers License and clean drivers abstract for over 5 years.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to shift but a vehicle and all appropriate communication assets will be assigned to the employee to use during their shift.
- Must successfully complete a clean Criminal Record Check and reference background check.
- Must be able to work in Saskatchewan at least 40 hours a week.
- Experience in the security industry preferred, however, not essential.
- Attention to detail and professional approach in all areas of work and appearance.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing in English.
- Dedicated and reliable and willing to work extra shifts if required.
- Able to work well under pressure and provide excellent customer service.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Computer literacy, including effective working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and e-mail.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with accuracy.
- Must be available to work statutory holidays and weekends.
- Emergency First Aid/CPR, Use of Force, Dealing with Difficult People training required or to be completed within one month of hiring. **
- Must have successfully completed the Ministry of Corrections and Policing forty (40) hour Private Investigators and Security Guard course and are licensable in the Province of Saskatchewan as a Security Guard.**
- The employee may frequently be required to sit and use hands to manipulate office equipment including a computer keyboard and mouse.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk for long periods of time and must have the ability to climb flights of stairs.
- The employee must be able to be mobile and operate a motor vehicle for long periods of time.
** Successful interviewees that do not yet have this training and are considered for employment will be offered the opportunity to complete this training through the Commissionaires before they are assigned to a position.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted and will be invited to participate in an interview process. Submit your resume with three references.
Please fill out the form below or fax 306-352-5494.