Offered in: Southern Alberta
CALGARY POLICE SERVICE, SPECIALIZED TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT UNIT
The Image Specialists are peace officers that work within the Specialized Traffic Enforcement Unit of Calgary Police Service and are responsible for the day-to-day staffing and analysis of data from sources such as the Photo Radar Operators and the Intersection Safety Devices.
The work schedule for the successful applicant can vary but is generally either Monday to Friday 0800 – 1600 hours or Tuesday to Friday 0600 – 1600 hours.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION
- Must provide proof of the successful completion of a minimum of High School
- Intermediate computer skills and ability to learn new software
- Successfully complete a CPS enhanced security clearance background check
- Personable team player with a proven ability to operate independently in a wide variety of dynamic and challenging situations
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with strong organizational, time management and priority setting skills
- High level of English fluency for speaking, reading and writing
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
- Proven ability to make informed decisions without unnecessary delay
- Former Canadian military or RCMP a strong asset
Applicants must submit a cover letter along with their resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements. Applications will be received until a suitable candidate has been found. Only those applicants who have been chosen for an interview will be notified. Cover letters and resumes can be submitted through Criterion, or sent by email to [email protected]