Offered in: New Brunswick & PEI
Commissionaires NBPEI is currently seeking an analytical and detail-oriented Junior Accountant to join our finance team. Reporting to the Director of Finance and based in our headquarters in Saint John, NB, the Junior Accountant works collaboratively with our Finance and Payroll teams. This position offers the incumbent the opportunity to further grow and develop their expertise in a variety of accounting practices.
Contribute to the Division Finance team by:
- Managing day-day accounting, monthly remittances and supporting general ledger reconciliations
- Generating billing statements and reports
- Leading the accounts payable process and all related tasks
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual statements (balance sheets and income statements)
- Assisting with monthly, quarterly, and annual audits
- Participating in the Finance Office’s evolution as we invest in our people and improve our processes and supporting technologies
- Team-oriented with excellent communication skills and a positive proactive approach to tasks
- Post-secondary education in accounting or finance with two years minimum experience
- Critical thinker who looks for ways to improve processes
- Commitment to continuous growth and education in the accounting profession
- Proficient with Office 365 and accounting software
- Ensure professionalism in all aspects of work, and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Must meet criminal record requirements and be able to obtain a Government of Canada Level II (Secret level) security clearance
This permanent position offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Job Number 2006HQ
City/Location Saint John
Founded in 1946, Commissionaires NBPEI is a Not-For-Profit with a social mandate to provide meaningful employment to veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, their families, or others who wish to contribute to the security and well being of Canadians. Our services have evolved over time to meet the needs of our veterans, our clients and our communities.
As an equal opportunity employer, Commissionaires NBPEI is committed to achieving a competent and committed workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population.
We thank all those who express interest and take the time to apply; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.