Red Deer, AB
Part-Time / Casual
Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years.
As part of our ever-expanding work force, we are looking for a Landfill Scale House Operator. Job requirements include weighing trucks, and trailers IN and OUT over the scale; entering appropriate data into computer (product, weight, customer and account name, etc.); interacting with many different company drivers and haulers, as well as the general public; performing other related duties as directed (daily reconciliation and balancing, snow removal).
Essential Job Duties
• Operate the weigh-station scale
• Entering appropriate data into the computer with essential accuracy
• Communicate with all drivers to determine type of material being unloaded
• Continuously enter information into computer program
• Print scale tickets and daily reports
• Able to deal with cash and cheques, and debit and credit cards, using an onsite POS system for acceptance of payment
• Order supplies when necessary
Essential Requirements (Proof Required)
• Province of Alberta Security Guard License
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Qualified Standard or Emergency First Aid
• Highly motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to deal effectively with people
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Ability to multitask
• Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
• High level of English fluency for speaking, reading and writing
• Ability to work a rotating 12-hour, day shift schedule
• Drivers License and reliable transportation
• Former Canadian military or RCMP (strong asset)
• Familiarity with MS Office an asset
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time
• Use of telephone, computers, and various other office equipment is essential
• Must have the ability to use computerized equipment and technology
This list is not all-inclusive and other business requirements may be included to which the incumbent will be obliged to perform.
Applicants must submit a cover letter along with their resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements.
Commissionaires’ values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, and age.
We thank you for your interest but only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.