Commissionaires NB&PEI Division is looking to hire mature and responsible team members for security positions at all six NBCC campuses throughout New Brunswick to work in full-time and part-time shift work positions.
The Security Officer is responsible for enhancing college campus safety and security by providing a uniformed presence throughout the facilities to enforce established policies and practices by performing a combination of static and roving preventative patrols.
- Completion of high school (or GED) and are at least 19 years of age
- Clean Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Checks and the ability to obtain required security clearances
- Class 5 Driver’s License is required
- Workplace Standard First Aid CPR-C & AED
- Proficient in the use of computers, technology, and understanding of building access control systems
- Approachable and respectful with a polite professional demeanour
- A positive, proactive, problem-solving approach to tasks
- Physical fitness and mental focus to perform rounds and QR checks in all types of environmental conditions
- Strong communication and customer service experience
- Accurate documentation and writing skills to complete logs and reports
- Previous experience in security or law enforcement is an asset
- Respond to the needs of students, visitors, and NBCC staff
- Appreciate and support the diversity of the NBCC network
- Prioritize multiple demands and manage time to meet operational needs
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Demonstrate sound judgement in addressing conflict situations with strong dispute resolution skills
- Respond and assist in emergency situations
Occasional travel to other NBCC campuses may be required
As an equal opportunity employer, Canadian Corps of Commissionaires N.B. & P.E.I. Division, Inc. is committed to achieving a competent and committed workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population.
If you feel that you possess the above-mentioned attributes and would enjoy working with our team of committed professionals, please complete an application.
Thank you to all of those who apply however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.