Newfoundland & Labrador
September 27, 2022
Casual Call In
We provide services as RCMP Detention Guards.
WHO WE ARE
Commissionaires NL is the province’s not-for-profit provider of security, safety, training, and identification services. We are an independent member of Commissionaires Canada, our parent federation employing over 22,000 nationwide. We exist to provide meaningful employment for veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP, their families, and anyone else who wants to contribute to the security and well-being of Newfoundland & Labrador.
We are recognized with global certifications for our exceptional customer service, management standards, and environmental stewardship.
WHAT WE OFFER
A sought-after employer and community partner, we can help you achieve your goals through challenging work, professional development, and career advancement opportunities. We strive to continually improve and leverage technology to support our growing customer base across Newfoundland & Labrador.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Completing regular prisoner well-being checks, provision of prisoner meals
- Observation of prisoners using CCTV cameras and physical checks at cell door
- Report writing – keeping detailed notes on prisoner activity and condition
- Sitting/standing for extended periods
- Assisting police members with prisoner searches if required
- Dealing with people in difficult situations
- Cleaning and preparing cells
WHO WE’RE SEEKING
- Be professional & Reliable
- Fully Vaccinated
- Must be able to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check and RCMP Enhanced Reliability security clearance through the detachment
- Emergency Level First Aid CPR/AED Required
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
The selected candidate will be professional and detail driven individual with a strong work ethic and “can do” attitude. Both physical and mental fitness is required.
Key qualifications and skills to be successful include but are not limited to:
- Mental alertness with ability to:
- React calmly, quickly, and appropriately in any crisis
- Concentrate and remain alert for up to 12 hours
- Demonstrate problem-solving and sound judgement
- Superior attention to detail with very good verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
READY TO JOIN US?
Commissionaires NL is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.