Offered in: New Brunswick & PEI
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Monday to Friday, 0800-1600 (Full-time)
$22.56 per hour
Commissionaires NB & PEI Division are currently recruiting Security Officers to work at the Citizenship and Immigration Office in Fredericton, NB.
As valued employees, commissionaires work for a nationally recognized organization which offers paid on-site training, health and dental benefit plans, life insurance and AD&D plans, and an employee and family assistance program.
Requirements: Bilingual (English/French) and able to complete Use of Force training
The Security Officer is responsible for ensuring a safe environment for both employees and members of the public visiting the Citizenship and Immigration Office.
Our ideal candidate possesses:
- excellent communication and customer service skills
- a positive, proactive, problem-solving approach to tasks
- professional presence and a desire to ensure the safety of others in the workplace
Essentials for our successful candidate:
- communicate effectively in both official languages (English and French)
- demonstrate sound judgement in addressing conflict situations
- strong de-escalation skills and able to react appropriately in shifting circumstances
- obtain PSPC Level 2 (secret) security clearance
- successfully complete (or has recently completed) Use of Force training
Interested candidates should complete the online application form and attach their résumé.
In support of our Social Mandate, “To provide meaningful employment that meets the needs of veterans of Canada’s Armed Forces and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, their families and others who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians,” designated veteran status is a highly-sought qualification.
As an equal opportunity employer, Commissionaires N.B. & P.E.I. Division is committed to achieving a competent, representative workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. We thank all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.