Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years.
We are continually hiring responsible team members who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians. Commissionaires’ team is more than 22,000 people strong and comprised of former military, police, and others of all ages. Our employees work in a variety of roles such as General Security, Alarm Response, Concierge and Support to Law Enforcement, and Support to Government.
As part of our ever-expanding work force, we are looking for security guards to work on a variety of different sites.
Ensure the safety and security of establishment clients and control access to safeguard premises while providing excellent customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Control access to establishments, issues passes if required and direct or escort visitors
- Patrol assigned areas on foot or in vehicles to guard against theft, vandalism and fire
- Enforce regulations of an establishment in order to maintain security and resolve conflicts
- Operate security control-room equipment to monitor establishment
- Use computers and other devices to communicate with others
- Use clear and concise radio and emergency procedures to relay pertinent information
- Ensure that established safety and emergency procedures are followed and respond to fire alarms, bomb threats and other emergencies
- Province of Alberta Security Guard License
- High School Diploma, GED, IQAS or post-secondary
- Qualified Standard or Emergency First Aid
- High level of English fluency for speaking, reading and writing
- Drivers License and reliable transportation required
- Availability to work all shifts, all hours, all days
- Professional image with excellent customer service skills
- Excellent aptitude to navigate newer technologies
- Familiarity with MS Office an asset
- Former Canadian military or RCMP a strong asset
- Work 8/10/12 hour shifts, starting any time of the day/week/year
- May be exposed to prolonged periods of walking, sitting or standing
- May be employed indoors or outdoors in periods of inclement weather
- Climbing or descending stairs
This list is not all-inclusive and other business requirements may be included to which the incumbent will be obliged to perform.
Applicants must submit a cover letter along with their resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements.
We thank you for your interest but only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.