Offered in: Newfoundland & Labrador
Commissionaires’ NL provides 24/7 security services at their South Side Location in St. John’s. The Canadian Coast Guard is a special operating agency within Fisheries and Oceans Canada. The Canadian Coast Guard saves lives, protects the environment, keeps our waters safe, secure, and open.
WHO WE ARE
Commissionaires NL is the province’s not-for-profit provider of security, safety, training, and identification services. We are an independent member of Commissionaires Canada, our parent federation employing over 22,000 nationwide. We exist to provide meaningful employment for veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP, their families, and anyone else who wants to contribute to the security and well-being of Newfoundland & Labrador.
We are recognized with global certifications for our exceptional customer service, management standards, and environmental stewardship.
WHAT WE OFFER
A sought-after employer and community partner, we can help you achieve your goals through challenging work, professional development, and career advancement opportunities. We strive to continually improve and leverage technology to support our growing customer base across Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Higher-than-industry pay rates
- Health & drug benefits for eligible employees
- Free uniforms and equipment
- High-quality, formal, and on-job training
- Annual paid loyalty award
- Advancement opportunities within a large, national organization
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Patrols both interior and exterior
- Sending and receiving emails
- Monitoring alarms & reporting issues when they occur
- Monitoring and operation of camera systems
- Monitoring and operation of card access system
- Writing Reports
WHO WE’RE SEEKING
- Be professional & Reliable
- Police Certificate of Conduct
- Be able to complete a Government of Canada Reliability Screening through Commissionaires
- First Aid Emergency Level (1 Day)
- Fully Vaccinated
- Must have Computer skills
- Must have own transportation as site location is not on a bus route
- Must have full availability
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
The selected candidate will be professional and detail driven individual with a strong work ethic and “can do” attitude. Both physical and mental fitness is required. This often involves working in all types of environment conditions at varying times throughout the day or night.
Key qualifications and skills to be successful include but are not limited to:
- Mental alertness with ability to:
- React calmly, quickly, and appropriately in any crisis
- Concentrate and remain alert for up to 12 hours
- Communicate observed characteristics/behaviours
- Demonstrate problem-solving and sound judgement
- Physical fitness with ability to:
- Navigate uneven terrain during foot patrols (in all weather conditions)
- Superior attention to detail with very good verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
READY TO JOIN US?
Commissionaires NL is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants from equity seeking communities to self-identify.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Hours of Work
Casual Call In, Summer Relief
Posting Date 2022-06-07
Closing Date 2022-06-20