Part Time, Casual
Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years.
We are seeking 2 people to act as a Concierge/Security Guard in the downtown area in an affluent building to ensure the safety and security of establishment clients and control access to safeguard premises while providing excellent customer service.
We require additional guards to cover current personnel due to go on vacation and other leaves of absence.
The shift pattern would be from Monday to Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Control access to establishments, issues passes if required and direct or escort visitors
- Patrol assigned areas on foot or in vehicles to guard against theft, vandalism and fire
- Enforce regulations of an establishment in order to maintain security and resolve conflicts
- Operate security control-room equipment to monitor establishment
- Use computers and other devices to communicate with others
- Use clear and concise radio and emergency procedures to relay pertinent information
- Ensure that established safety and emergency procedures are followed and respond to fire alarms, bomb threats and other emergencies
- Must be 18 years of age
- Completion of Grade 12
- Must hold valid Alberta Security Services License
- Fluent in English
- Valid First Aid license
- Must be able to adjust job priorities
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Software and networking training/experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Standing and/or walking unaided
- Climbing ladders and stairs
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 10 kgs
- Running for short distances
- Possess binocular vision correctable to 20/30
- Capable of hearing ordinary and whispered conversation
- Capable of fine manipulation
- May be exposed to prolonged periods of walking, sitting or standing
- May be employed indoors or outdoors in periods of inclement weather
- Climbing or descending stairs
This list is not all-inclusive and other business requirements may be included to which the incumbent will be obliged to perform.
Commissionaires’ values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, and age.
Applicants must submit a cover letter along with their resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements.
We thank you for your interest but only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.