Full Time, Part Time and Casual
We are currently offering a $500 sign on bonus! *conditions apply*
Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years.
As part of our ever-expanding work force, we are looking for casual security guards to work on a variety of different sites with the potential of part-time and full-time placements.
You would ensure the safety and security of establishment clients and control access to safeguard premises while providing excellent customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Control access to establishments, issues passes if required and direct or escort visitors
· Patrol assigned areas on foot or in vehicles to guard against theft, vandalism and fire
· Enforce regulations of an establishment in order to maintain security and resolve conflicts
· Operate security control-room equipment to monitor establishment
· Use computers and other devices to communicate with others
· Use clear and concise radio and emergency procedures to relay pertinent information
· Ensure that established safety and emergency procedures are followed and respond to fire alarms, bomb threats and other emergencies
· Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
· Must possess a valid AB Security License
· Must be fluent in the English language – written, verbal and reading skills
· Must possess valid first aid or be willing to obtain it
· A Class 5 (Non-GDL) License and a clean driver’s abstract (Strong Asset)
· Computer skills ability to learn technology devices (phones, equipment)
· Have a positive attitude with a professional demeanor, and strong interpersonal skills
· Have excellent problem-solving skills with an ability to handle emergency situations in a calm manner
· Must be physically fit and able to stand, walk, sit for long periods at a time
· Have exceptional attention to detail to fulfill duties and responsibilities and incident report writing
· Willing to work a variety of shifts including over-nights and weekends
· Former RCMP/Military experience and Military family member (Strong Asset)
· Work 8/10/12 hour shifts, starting any time of the day/week/year
· May be exposed to prolonged periods of walking, sitting or standing
· May be employed indoors or outdoors in periods of inclement weather
· Climbing or descending stairs
This list is not all-inclusive and other business requirements may be included to which the incumbent will be obliged to perform.
Commissionaires’ values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, and age.
Applicants must submit a cover letter along with their resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements.
We thank you for your interest but only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.