Newfoundland & Labrador
Port Aux Basques
September 30, 2023
Casual, open availability as shifts can be 8am-4pm, 4pm-12am &12am-8am.
Commissionaires’ NL provides 24/7 security services to Marine Atlantic in Port Aux Basques.
WHO WE ARE
Commissionaires NL is the province’s not-for-profit provider of security, safety, training, and identification services. We are an independent member of Commissionaires Canada, our parent federation employing over 22,000 nationwide. We exist to provide meaningful employment for veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP, their families, and anyone else who wants to contribute to the security and well-being of Newfoundland & Labrador.
We are recognized with global certifications for our exceptional customer service, management standards, and environmental stewardship.
WHAT WE OFFER
A sought-after employer and community partner, we can help you achieve your goals through challenging work, professional development, and career advancement opportunities. We strive to continually improve and leverage technology to support our growing customer base across Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Higher-than-industry pay rates
- Health & drug benefits for eligible employees
- Free uniforms and equipment
- High-quality, formal, and on-job training
- Advancement opportunities within a large, national organization
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DDuties include but are not limited to:
- Patrols Both Interior and Exterior
- Perform Key Audits
- Access Control of Gates
- Signing Visitors In and Out
- Escorts to Ticket Booths and Terminals
- Responding to Calls for Assistance
- Issuing Parking Permits
- Lock and Unlock Procedures
- Reporting of Any Safety Hazards
- Incident Report Writing
- Explaining Safety and Parking Policies to Employees, Visitors, Customers and Contractors
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Be professional, reliable and recognize the proper chain of command
- Have a clear criminal record check
- Be able to complete a Government of Canada Reliability screening through Commissionaires
- First Aid Emergency Level (1 Day)
- Fully Vaccinated
- Valid Driver’s License
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
The selected candidate will be professional and detail driven individual with a strong work ethic and “can do” attitude. Both physical and mental fitness is required. This often involves working in all types of environment conditions at varying times throughout the day or night.
Key qualifications and skills to be successful include but are not limited to:
- Mental alertness with ability to:
- React calmly, quickly, and appropriately in any crisis
- Concentrate and remain alert for up to 12 hours
- Communicate observed characteristics/behaviours
- Demonstrate problem-solving and sound judgement
- Physical fitness with ability to:
- Carry out foot patrols and walk up/down stairs.
- Superior attention to detail with very good verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work alone if required
- Excellent customer service skills
READY TO JOIN US?
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.