Offered in: New Brunswick & PEI
The world of security has been evolving in recent years and this has led to an increase in demand for security professionals. If the idea of serving and protecting your community appeals to you then Commissionaires might be the right career fit for you.
Commisionaires NBPEI currently has employment opportunities for Security Guards in the Miramichi, NB region.
What we do…
Our Security Guards provide a wide range of services, including access control, By Law enforcement, patrols and administrative support in Federal, Provincial and Municipal Government facilities, as well as, airports, hospitals, industrial sectors and commercial/residential buildings. We are front-facing and provide valued customer service to the public and are also behind the scenes protecting people, property and information for our clients.
Why join Commissionaires?
- Work for a nationally-recognized reputable organization
- A challenging yet rewarding work environment
- Opportunity for growth
- Gain valuable experience as a stepping stone into a law enforcement or military career
Do I have to be a veteran?
No, Commissionaires hires people from a variety of backgrounds – these include veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP, military spouses and family members and also people who are interested in a career in protection services.
What we can offer…
- Competitive wages within the industry- rates of pay vary by contracts
- Full-time and part-time work opportunities
- Health and Dental benefit program
- Life insurance and AD&D plans
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Full uniform – except footwear
- Paid on-site training
We are looking for applicants with…
- A positive and proactive approach to work
- A view that reliability and commitment are important in the workplace
- Availability to work a variety of shifts (days, evenings and overnights) of 8-, 10- or 12-hour lengths (may include weekends and holidays)
- The capacity to think on your feet and outside of the box when required to solve problems
- The ability to work independently or as part of a professional security team
What will my schedule look like?
We operate 24/7. As a new casual employee, your shifts will be scheduled in accordance with operational requirements, and you will be called to work on an as-needed basis. Because of the nature of casual and relief status, it may not be possible, initially, to guarantee the number of shifts you may be required to work. As dedicated full-time positions become available the opportunity to apply is open to everyone.
How do I get started?
- Complete our application on this website
- Those considered for employment will be contacted for an interview with one of our Regional Managers
- Once selected for employment, you will be required to complete an online training course prior to starting work
What are the requirements to be hired?
- Clean Criminal record Check (a Vulnerable Sector Check is required at some worksites)
- Ability to use a computer
- Completion of secondary school
- At least 19 years of age
- Ability to obtain all security clearances for federal worksites
- Proof of full vaccination
- Please note that some work sites require a large amount of walking – including stairs
Bonus skills and qualifications:
- Ability to speak in both English and French
- A valid drivers’ license and clean drivers’ abstract is required for some locations
Depending on where you are assigned for work, some of your responsibilities may include:
- Patrolling various sites/locations including interior and exterior rounds in all types of weather
- Offering first-class customer service to both clients and the general public
- Mobile patrolling/by law enforcement
- Access Control / CCTV Monitoring
- Proactively responding to and resolving emergency situations and conflicts
Who we are…
Commissionaires NBPEI is a not-for-profit security and related services organization that has been serving New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island communities for 75 years. Our mandate is to provide meaningful employment that meets the needs of veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, their families and others who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians.
As an equal opportunity employer, Canadian Corps of Commissionaires N.B. & P.E.I. Division, Inc. is committed to achieving a competent and committed workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population.
Job Number 2002NENB