Who are you? You are and enthusiastic, motivated, self-starter with exceptional organizational and time management skills. You are energetic and passionate about helping others succeed and achieve their goals. You are a team player that is a highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
Who are we? We are an established security services company based in the Southern Alberta region that offers its employees flexible hours, a management team dedicated to employee safety, and an excellent benefits package.
The Company: Commissionaires Southern Alberta is a not-for-profit organization providing professional security services to the Southern Alberta region for over 90 years. We are known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
The Job Purpose
The Patroller will be reporting to the Shift Lead and is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment at a post-secondary institute which would include the campus, faculty and students.
The work schedule for the successful candidate will be Monday – Friday 12hrs day shifts.
This post secondary institute caters to a broad demographic within a unique setting. It is situated in downtown where our guards will be dealing not only with students and faculty, who encompass a variety of cultural and social sensitivities, but with the local homeless population.
- Ability to meet all physical requirements of the job and the training required
- Must be able to commit to 120 hours of training
- Ability to communicate and issue direction with confidence
- Ability to carry additional equipment
- Ability to identify social and cultural ques, and respond with respect when dealing with the public, faculty, student population
- Fluent in English
- Excellent attendance record
- Must be able to patrol perimeter and the physical plant
- 911 call response
- Respond to duress alarms
- Emergency response/assistance to elevator entrapment, civil unrest, threat of violence, medical emergencies
- Access Control
- Must have a valid Alberta Security Guard License
- Must have a Standard First Aid Certificate
- NVCI (renewal every 3 years)
- PPCT (annual renewal)
- NARCAN awareness training
- Response to Opioid Overdose training
- Criminal Code & the Trespass to Property Act
- Diversity Training
- Mental Health Awareness
- Emergency Response
- De-escalation of volatile situations (covered in PPCT / NVCI)
- Defense tactics (covered in PPCT / NVCI)
- Workplace Harassment
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements.
The Division respects your human rights and will accommodate protected grounds in accordance with its lawful obligations.
We thank you for your interest but only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.