Offered in: Newfoundland & Labrador
Commissionaires NL provides Security Services to the RCMP H.Q in St. John’s. We are hiring a full time position.
WHO WE ARE
Commissionaires NL is the province’s not-for-profit provider of security, safety, training, and identification services. We are an independent member of Commissionaires Canada, our parent federation employing over 22,000 nationwide. We exist to provide meaningful employment for veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP, their families, and anyone else who wants to contribute to the security and well-being of Newfoundland & Labrador.
We are recognized with global certifications for our exceptional customer service, management standards, and environmental stewardship.
WHAT WE OFFER
A sought-after employer and community partner, we can help you achieve your goals through challenging work, professional development, and career advancement opportunities. We strive to continually improve and leverage technology to support our growing customer base across Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Higher-than-industry pay rates
- Health & drug benefits for eligible employees
- Free uniforms and equipment
- High-quality, formal, and on-job training
- Annual paid loyalty award
- Advancement opportunities within a large, national organization
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Liaise with the general public and RCMP staff in person and on the phone
- Writing in house reports and forms
- Issue building passes and keys for barrack accommodations/pool vehicles
- Monitoring cameras systems
- Drafting daily logs and maintaining records of offenders
- Interior Patrols
WHO WE’RE SEEKING
- Be professional & Reliable
- First Aid Emergency Level (1 Day)
- Must have a valid drivers’ license
- Fully Vaccinated
- CSOC completed with in 30 days of employment
- Computer Skills
- Must be able to work days and nights
- Must hold an RCMP enhanced Reliability Clearance or be willing to undergo the RCMP security screening process
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
The selected candidate will be professional and detail driven individual with a strong work ethic and “can do” attitude. Both physical and mental fitness is required. This often involves working in all types of environment conditions at varying times throughout the day or night.
Key qualifications and skills to be successful include but are not limited to:
- Mental alertness with ability to
- React calmly, quickly, and appropriately in any crisis
- Concentrate and remain alert for up to 12 hours
- Communicate observed characteristics/behaviours
- Demonstrate problem-solving and sound judgement
- Physical fitness with ability to:
- Must be able to climb Stairs during patrols
- Superior attention to detail with very good verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer literacy, and/or an aptitude to learn is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Hours of Work: 24/7 Rotating 12 hour shifts