Offered in: Southern Alberta
Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years.
We are continually hiring responsible team members who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians. Commissionaires’ team is more than 22,000 people strong and comprised of former military, police, and others of all ages. Our employees work in a variety of roles such as General Security, Alarm Response, Concierge and Support to Law Enforcement, and Support to Government.
As part of our ever-expanding work force, we are seeking casual security guards with the potential of part-time or full-time employment.
Act as a Security Guard to ensure the safety and security of establishment clients and control access to safeguard premises while providing excellent customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Control access to establishments, issues passes if required and direct or escort visitors
· Patrol assigned areas on foot or in vehicles to guard against theft, vandalism and fire
· Provide excellent customer service to the public, providing direction and responding to inquiries
· Enforce regulations of an establishment in order to maintain security and resolve conflicts
· Operate security control-room equipment to monitor establishment (CCTV)
· Use computers and other devices to communicate with others
· Use clear and concise radio and emergency procedures to relay pertinent information
· Ensure that established safety and emergency procedures are followed and respond to fire alarms, bomb threats and other emergencies
· Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
· Must possess a valid AB Security License
· Must be fluent in the English language – written, verbal and reading skills
· Must possess valid first aid or be willing to obtain it
· Strong computer skills ability to learn technology devices (phones, equipment)
· Have a positive attitude with a professional demeanor, and strong interpersonal skills
· Have excellent problem-solving skills with an ability to handle emergency situations in a calm manner
· Must be physically fit and able to stand, walk, sit for long periods at a time
· Have exceptional attention to detail to fulfill duties and responsibilities and incident report writing
· Former RCMP/Military experience and Military family member (Strong Asset)
Applicants are thanked for their interest in these positions but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.