Prince Edward Island
Charlottetown and Summerside
September 30, 2022
Full time, 24/7, 12 hour shifts
$ 14.81 to $ 15.58 per hour
Locations: Charlottetown and Summerside, PEI
Hours: 24/7, 12-hour shifts
Rate of Pay: $14.81 to $15.58 per hour
Benefits: Health, Vision, and Dental Benefits, Life Insurance and AD&D plans
Commissionaires NB & PEI Division is looking to hire mature and responsible team members to work in Prince Edward Island area hospitals.
The Security Officer is responsible to enforce established rules and regulations to ensure the protection of people, property, and information on a variety of worksites. Assigned duties include a combination of static and roving patrols, as well as physically aiding staff.
- Physical fitness to perform interior and exterior rounds (including stairs) in all types of environmental conditions; may also require standing or sitting for extended periods of time
- Strong communication and dispute resolution skills
- A positive, proactive, problem-solving approach to tasks
- Customer service experience
- Completion of High school or equivalent
- Actively participate on the hospital’s Code White Response Team; may be required to assume a lead role with crisis conflict resolution and physical restraint interventions to ensure patient, public and staff safety.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Demonstrate sound judgement in addressing conflict situations
- Respond to emergency situations and physically aid in the evacuation of patients, public and staff
Designated Veteran Status is an asset.
As an equal opportunity employer, Canadian Corps of Commissionaires N.B. & P.E.I. Division, Inc. is committed to achieving a competent and committed workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population.
If you would enjoy working with our team of committed professionals, please complete our application form.
Thank you to all of those who apply however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.