Newfoundland & Labrador
September 29, 2023
Commissionaires’ NL provides 24/7 security services to the Community Correctional Centre in St. John’s. This is a residential facility providing accommodations to federal offenders, under parole, who require period of supervision prior to their release into the community. We are currently seeking a Site Manager to manage the daily operations.
WHO WE ARE
Commissionaires NL is the province’s not-for-profit provider of security, safety, training, and identification services. We are an independent member of Commissionaires Canada, our parent federation employing over 22,000 nationwide. We exist to provide meaningful employment for veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP, their families, and anyone else who wants to contribute to the security and well-being of Newfoundland & Labrador.
We are recognized with global certifications for our exceptional customer service, management standards, and environmental stewardship.
WHAT WE OFFER
A sought-after employer and community partner, we can help you achieve your goals through challenging work, professional development, and career advancement opportunities. We strive to continually improve and leverage technology to support our growing customer base across Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Higher-than-industry pay rates
- Health & drug benefits for eligible employees
- Free uniforms and equipment
- High-quality, formal, and on-job training
- Annual paid loyalty award
- Advancement opportunities within a large, national organization
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities in this security-related role may include, but are not limited to:
- Submitting payroll and scheduling
- Reporting all security infractions or unusual incidents
- Briefing and training of new Commissionaires on their duties and responsibilities
- Keeping up to date on personnel files and noting expiry dates on First Aid and Security Clearances
- PER’S – completed yearly
- Administration and discipline of employees
- Monitors and documents offenders whereabouts’ when in the community and within the CCC ensuring the offenders abide by the rules & regulations of the CCC and their parole conditions
- Ability to recognize and respond effectively to potentially volatile or crisis/emergency situations
- Ability to recognize the signs and effects of intoxication substances when offenders are under the influence of substances
- Report Writing
- Monitoring Camera Systems
WHO WE’RE SEEKING
- Be professional, reliable
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to obtain a clear police conduct and reliability clearance through the Government of Canada
- Be able to complete Commissionaire security officer course
- First aid
- Basic computer skills
- Driver’s license
- Full availability
- Previous experience in law enforcement or Corrections an asset
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
The selected candidate will be professional and detail driven individual with a strong work ethic and “can do” attitude. Both physical and mental fitness is required. This often involves working in all types of environment conditions at varying times throughout the day or night.
Key qualifications and skills to be successful include but are not limited to:
- Mental alertness with ability to:
- React calmly, quickly, and appropriately in any crisis
- Concentrate and remain alert for up to 12 hours
- Communicate observed characteristics/behaviours
- Demonstrate problem-solving and sound judgement
- Superior attention to detail with very good verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer literacy, and/or an aptitude to learn is an asset
READY TO JOIN US?
This position is open to external and internal applicants.
Commissionaires NL is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants from equity seeking communities to self-identify.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.