Full Time, Casual
Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years.
We are continually hiring responsible team members who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians. Commissionaires’ team is more than 22,000 people strong and comprised of former military, police, and others of all ages. Our employees work in a variety of roles such as General Security, Alarm Response, Concierge, Support to Law Enforcement, and Support to Government.
As part of our ever-expanding work force, we are looking to fill a variety of relief positions within our law enforcement contracts. We support these clients with a variety of positions including Arrest Processing Officers, District Commissionaires, Cell Guarding, and Building Security and Access Control.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess a valid AB Security License
- Must be fluent in the English language – written, verbal and reading skills
- Must possess valid first aid or be willing to obtain it
- Ability to obtain and maintain Enhanced Clearance as per site requirements. (5 years in Canada)
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with strong organizational, time management and priority setting skills
- Strong computer skills ability to learn technology devices (phones, equipment)
- Have a positive attitude with a professional demeanor, and strong interpersonal skills
- Have excellent problem-solving skills with an ability to handle emergency situations in a calm manner
- Physically fit with ability to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time
- Have exceptional attention to detail to fulfill duties and responsibilities and incident report writing
- Former RCMP/Military experience and Military family member (Strong Asset)
- Education and/or background in Law Enforcement (Strong Asset)
- Work 8/10/12 hour shifts, starting any time of the day/week/year
- May be exposed to prolonged periods of walking, sitting, or standing
- May be employed indoors or outdoors in periods of inclement weather
- Climbing or descending stairs
This list is not all-inclusive and other business requirements may be included to which the incumbent will be obliged to perform.
Commissionaires’ values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, and age.
Applicants must submit a cover letter along with their resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements.
We thank you for your interest but only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.