March 24, 2023
Commissionaires Ottawa has earned public recognition as a Market Leader, a repeat Consumer Choice Award winner and one of the largest private sector employers in the National Capital Region. We are the industry leading provider of professional security services and have been in business for over 75 years, employing 3,800 highly trained professionals.
Commissionaires Ottawa has innovated, diversified and expanded to meet a growing demand for more specialized security solutions. One of our fastest growing business lines is Identification Services—using digital fingerprinting to perform criminal record checks required to process applications for employment, immigration, pardons, US Waivers, etc. We also have the expertise and experience to help protect people, property and information with pre-employment screening services, workplace investigations, security risk assessments, and more.
Reporting to the Manager, Learning Centre, the Trainer is responsible for ensuring training courses meet relevant legislative and industry standards. They develop and deliver classroom/virtual-based and eLearning instruction to participants in security-related courses. Additionally they:
- Are involved in training projects in design, development and delivery of new courses
- Ensure all aspects of course administration are looked after
- Develop and create job aids and training aids
- Assess trainee progress and skills acquisition through the developing of appropriate assessment tools (in-course and post-course evaluation)
- Deliver training to external client organizations as required
Applicants should clearly identify their relevant experience in relation to the following criteria
Education & Professional Knowledge:
- College diploma in Training & Development, HR Management or relevant program, or combination of education and work experience in the field of adult learning
- CTP or CTDP designation is considered an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles, and of a wide range of training methods and techniques
- Certification in course design, delivery and evaluation or a combination of professional development and experience
- Experience or exposure to e-learning authoring tools (e.g., Moodle, Captivate, Articulate)
- Experience in the use of virtual online platforms and in person classroom to deliver training
- Security Guard experience considered an asset
- Use of Force experience considered an asset
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in English and French
- Ability to deliver training in both official languages
- Proven ability in training design, delivery and evaluation
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate projects to achieve deliverables on time
- Ability to prepare training content, learning aids and user guides in document or web format
- Excellent customer service skills
- Advanced computer skills: ability to use a variety of software programs for daily work management and in providing job specific training and leadership to employees (e.g., MS Office, HRIS or Enterprise Management Systems, Zoom)
The selected candidate must be able to obtain an enhanced security clearance and take the security guard training program.
Why join Commissionaires Ottawa?
Be part of an organization that has a long and proud tradition rooted in dedication, preparation and trust. Our commitment to our clients and employees makes Commissionaires Ottawa second-to-none. We are a private, self-supporting, not-for-profit organization that provides our clients with quality service at competitive rates.
We offer our employees:
- Work for a reputable and nationally known company
- Work in a challenging and rewarding work environment
- Employer paid professional development
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Generous paid time off, holidays and sick days
- Retirement plans with company matching of employee contributions
- Employee discount programs, social outings and holiday gatherings
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for interview will be contacted.
Commissionaires values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Commissionaires’ Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Commissionaires’ hiring process.