Commissionaires - Kingston & Region Division is accepting applications for position of Security Guard - Covid Screening duty in the greater Cornwall area of Stormont, Dundas and South Glengarry .
- Administering a covid-19 screening and/or covid-19 passport check;
- Instruct clients to use hand sanitizer, respect physical distancing and distribute non-medical masks as required;
- Conducting internal/external security foot patrols of the building;
- Safeguarding against fire and safety hazards and response to alarms;
- Reporting incidents to the Shift Supervisor;
- Documenting security infractions;
- Answering the telephone;
- Providing general information and assistance;
- Conducting routine searches;
- Ensure cleanliness of first point of contact assessment zone including periodic wipe down of door handles or other high touch surfaces in that zone;
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Uniform allowance
- Safety boots, where required
Required Education, Qualifications and Experience
- be at least 18 years of age
- be eligible to work and reside in Canada
- be computer literate
- hold a current; Ontario Driver’s License, Ontario Security Guard Licence and current First Aid Certificate
- provide a driver’s extract and pass a CPIC check
- pass a Federal Security Clearance and/or Vulnerable Sector check
- be available to work all shifts, including weekends and Public Holidays
- responsible for transportation to and from work
- have a good understanding of speaking, reading and writing English. French or other languages will be an asset
Please forward your cover letter and attach résumé. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and upon request, accommodation will be provided to those candidates who require assistance.
If you do not currently hold a Security Guard Licence from Ontario, please contact 613-384-7895, ext. 133/ www.thecommissionaires.com to register for e-learning.