Commissionaires NBPEI Division is currently recruiting for our Community Safety Detail in Moncton, NB.
In collaboration with the City of Moncton, the Community Safety Detail will work to enhance community safety by providing a uniformed presence throughout the municipality. In a professional and courteous manner, the Community Safety Detail will engage in preventative patrols seeking compliance of municipal and parking bylaws.
- Provide a patrolling presence in order to deter public nuisance and crime
- Carry out enforcement of municipal and parking bylaws to increase compliance
- Respond promptly to diffuse any actual problems of public disorder or safety within the community, calling appropriate assistance when necessary
- Develop community spirit by being approachable, responsive and dealing with problems quickly and professionally
- Query persons who appear to be of a suspicious nature in a polite and professional manner
- Assist the public with inquiries / directions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum police foundation training through a post secondary educational institution or related law enforcement work experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in both official languages is a requirement
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate a positive, proactive, and professional approach to tasks
- Sensitivity to the needs of the community
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work in a team environment, as well as independently, with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to effectively apply conflict resolution strategies and demonstrate sound judgement quickly and appropriately in shifting situations
- Must have clear Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks and be able to obtain all required security clearances
- High level of physical fitness: must be able to complete the PARE test (or have successfully completed it within the past year)
- Successfully complete required training courses
- Flexibility to work rotating shift schedule (includes overnight shifts)
- Proficient in use of computers and technology
- Possess strong documentation and writing skills to record and report on activities and occurrences
- Commitment to Commissionaires NBPEI Division Values:
- Loyalty: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for our mandate and mission
- Integrity: Consistently displays honesty and strong ethical principles
- Excellence: Achieves and surpasses standards of expectations
- Respect: Values diversity and treats people with dignity regardless of differences
- Professionalism: Model appropriate behaviours and positively represent Commissionaires
- Relationship Building and Collaboration: Works to engage community members in problem-solving solutions to issues that affect them
- Sensitivity: Develops an appreciation for the challenges community members face, displays required patience and works toward collaborative solutions
- Confidentiality: Respects privacy and maintains a high level of confidentiality
As an equal opportunity employer, Canadian Corps of Commissionaires N.B. & P.E.I. Division, Inc. is committed to achieving a competent and committed workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population.
If you have the necessary qualifications and would enjoy working with our team of committed professionals, please complete the on-line application form below.
Commissionaires NBPEI Division is a not-for-profit organization that provides premier security services to Federal, Provincial, Municipal and Commercial clients throughout the Region. We are a value-based company; one where Loyalty, Integrity, Excellence and Respect define our workplace and where Quality defines our services.
Established in 1946, the Division has grown to over 950 full time, part-time and casual members in New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. We are proud that we exist to provide meaningful employment to former serving members of the Canadian Forces, RCMP and others who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians.