Commissionaires NB&PEI Division is looking to hire a mature and responsible team member in the Fredericton area to work at a library facility on a full-time basis.
The Security Officer is responsible to enforce established rules and regulations to ensure the protection of people, property and information at a library facility. Assigned duties include a combination of static and roving patrols.
We are seeking candidates with:
- The ability to communicate in both English and French is a essential
- Physical fitness to perform interior rounds (including stairs) - may also require sitting and standing for extended periods of time
- Customer service experience
- A positive, proactive, problem solving approach to tasks
- Strong communication and dispute resolution skills
- Clean criminal record check
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Demonstrate sound judgement in addressing conflict situations
- Respond to emergency situations
As an equal opportunity employer, Canadian Corps of Commissionaires N.B. & P.E.I. Division, Inc. is committed to achieving a competent and committed workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population.
If you would enjoy working with our team of committed professionals, please complete the on-line application form.
Commissionaires NBPEI Division is a not-for-profit organization that provides premier security services to Federal, Provincial, Municipal and Commercial clients throughout the Region. We are a value-based company; one where Loyalty, Integrity, Excellence and Respect define our workplace and where Quality defines our services.
Established in 1946, the Division has grown to over 950 full time, part-time and casual members in New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. We are proud that we exist to provide meaningful employment to former serving members of the Canadian Forces, RCMP and others who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians.