Location: Fredericton NB
Assignment: Part time hours (active when Legislature is in session)
Linguistic Profile: Bilingualism (French and English) is required
Rate of pay: $14.34
Conditions of employment: Day shift Monday to Friday when legislature is in session
Commissionaires NB&PEI Division are looking to hire a mature and responsible team member for part time hours at a government facility in Fredericton NB.
The Security Officer is a part of the NB Legislature Security Team who, under the guidance of the Sargent-at-Arms, assists in monitoring public attendance and access control when the Legislature is in session.
We are seeking candidates who are:
- Approachable with good deportment and have experience working with the public
- Proven in problem solving, communication and dispute resolution skills
- Physically fit with the ability to stand for long periods of time and to perform required rounds
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Communicate effectively in both official languages
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Demonstrate sound judgement in addressing conflict situations
- Respond to emergency situations
As an equal opportunity employer, Canadian Corps of Commissionaires N.B. & P.E.I. Division, Inc. is committed to achieving a competent and committed workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population.
If you would enjoy working with our team of committed professionals, please complete the on-line application form.
Commissionaires NBPEI Division is a not-for-profit organization that provides premier security services to Federal, Provincial, Municipal and Commercial clients throughout the Region. We are a value-based company; one where Loyalty, Integrity, Excellence and Respect define our workplace and where Quality defines our services.
Established in 1946, the Division has grown to over 950 full time, part-time and casual members in New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. We are proud that we exist to provide meaningful employment to former serving members of the Canadian Forces, RCMP and others who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians.