WHY CHOOSE US FOR YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE?
If you’re looking for exposure to a broad range of marketing, communications, business and public relations activities to grow your skillset, this opportunity could be for you! This cross-functional role will expose you to many interesting challenges, in a flexible environment, with a fun, dynamic team.
Commissionaires is Nova Scotia’s premier security provider with a social mandate of hiring veterans. With 1,400 employees across the province at over 275 security sites, our client base runs from the federal government to local municipalities, airports, industrial sectors, and commercial/residential buildings. You will support internal/external communications, advertising, marketing, media relations, and events related to promoting the Commissionaires mandate, in line with the company’s Strategic and Business Plans.
- Health, drug and dental benefits, as well as life and accident insurance
- Vacation pay
- Company-paid iPhone
- Education assistance funds and family scholarship programs
- Advancement opportunities within a large, national organization
Job Type: One year contract with potential to become full-time permanent
Reports to: Manager, Communications & Corporate Services
Location: 229 Damascus Road, Bedford (Some remote work may be an option following training)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and operational support to marketing and communication initiatives, including recruitment and security services promotion.
- Assist in the planning, development, and execution of promotional campaigns, including print collateral, online advertising, website strategy and design, social media, and mobile deliverables.
- Assist in copywriting and designing of creative materials such as presentations, reports, newsletters, articles, advertisements, event support materials, fact sheets, and brochures.
- Write, publish, promote content to and maintain company social media properties.
- Oversee online engagement including responses to comments/questions/inquiries.
- Prepare and maintain an editorial and advertising calendar.
- Monitor and help guide brand compliance.
- Monitor and report on Google Analytics.
- Write, prepare, publish and distribute communications products.
- Works with internal stakeholders to write, edit, and format monthly electronic newsletters and other special staff memos.
- Support media and government relations activities including maintenance of a media database.
- Media and social media monitoring and reporting.
- Prepare and publish media releases and report on their performance.
- Participate in the development/enhancement of proposals and bids to win new security contracts.
- Proofs and edits all print and online communications materials.
- Manage website including content updates and preparing/refreshing material.
- Monitor website for performance, referrals and trends that can inform business development, communications, and content publishing (website and social media).
- Utilize team productivity tools such as CRM, MS Teams, MS Planner and SharePoint, including the imputing and maintenance of content/data.
- Assist in the assurance of stakeholder data integrity organization-wide. Manage and maintain stakeholder contact information.
- Supports, and sometimes coordinates, internal and external stakeholder events (i.e., participation in tradeshows, networking events or company-hosted special events).
- Establish long-range objectives and specify the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to the job.
- Prepare budget forecasts, monitor and report on project/activity performance and adjust as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including ad-hoc administrative tasks.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Qualifications required for this position:
- University degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience is an asset.
- If a recent grad, completed co-operative education terms will be an asset.
- Bilingual (English and French) is an asset. Please indicate if you are bilingual on your application.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills are essential.
- Strong knowledge of marketing and communications concepts and terminology.
- Superior communication skills including written, oral and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability in project management with proven success working within tight deadlines and completing tasks in order of priority.
- Solutions-oriented team player with exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent business acumen, organization, analytical skills, and a strong work ethic.
- Adaptable, self-reliant, solution-oriented, and strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in web/print advertising, social media, and graphics.
- Strong ability to use MS Office suite (including Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Solid understanding of web metrics, digital analytics, with the ability to generate, analyze and interpret data. Understanding of search engine optimization.
- Experience using Facebook Ads, Google Ads, and similar third-party campaign management tools is an asset.
- Graphic design experience is an asset. i.e., experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and other creative tools (Canva).
- CRM experience is an asset.
READY TO JOIN US?
To apply, please fill out the application web form below and upload your cover letter and resume as one attachment in the resume field. We encourage current Commissionaires and Veterans to apply (include your Corps #). Note, however you do not need to be a veteran, or a veteran family member to apply to this position. CNS is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified applicants who identify as Women, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, and Indigenous Persons to apply for consideration. We thank all applicants for their interest, but please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.