Enjoy the rewards of working with Commissionaires. Work alongside experienced people in diverse and interesting job opportunities.
- Higher-than-industry pay rates
- Health, drug, and dental benefits
- Life and accident insurance
- Paid personal time off, in addition to vacation leave
- Free uniforms and equipment
- Annual paid loyalty award
- Free high-quality formal and on-job training
- Education assistance funds and family scholarship programs
- Advancement opportunities within a large, national organization
Locations: Various locations throughout Nova Scotia, including: Windsor, New Minas, Kingston, Bridgetown, Digby, Meteghan, Yarmouth, Liverpool, Bridgewater, Chester, Enfield, Bible Hill, Amherst, Oxford, Pictou, Antigonish, Port Hawkesbury, Baddeck, Inverness, Ingonish, Eskasoni
Reports To: Commissionaires Atlantic Operations Centre (AOC)
Responsible For: Monitoring and regular well-being checks of prisoners
Commissionaires Nova Scotia is seeking dedicated and professional individuals who are interested in working on a casual 24/7 on call basis as a Detention Guard at various locations across Nova Scotia (locations listed above).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Completing regular prisoner well-being checks, provision of prisoner meals
- Observation of prisoners using CCTV cameras and physical checks at cell door
- Report writing – keeping detailed notes on prisoner activity and condition
- Sitting/standing for extended periods
- Assisting police members with prisoner searches if required
- Dealing with people in difficult situations
- Cleaning and preparing cells
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Eligible to receive a RCMP Security Clearance
- 19+ years old
- Preference will be given to Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
The incumbent must possess the following skills, experiences and attributes:
- Valid NS Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable transportation
- Willing to be called in 24/7 and available on short notice
- Bilingualism (French/English) is considered an asset at some locations
- Willingness to complete Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) and other job specific training as required
READY TO JOIN US?
Fill out the application form below and include your cover letter and resume.
CNS is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified applicants who identify as Women, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, and Indigenous Persons to apply for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Commissionaires is Canada's premier security company: for more than 90 years, we've protected people and property across Canada. Commissionaires is a federation of private, not-for-profit Canadian companies with the highest retention rate in the industry, currently employing more than 21,000 people nationally.
Commissionaires Nova Scotia (CNS) is an independent, not-for-profit member of the federation that is dedicated to providing meaningful employment opportunities to former members of the Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP, and appropriately qualified others in Nova Scotia who wants to contribute to the safety and security of Canadians. With 1,500 employees across the province, we serve the government and private sector in a wide range of roles and appropriately qualified others in Nova Scotia.