- Higher-than-industry pay rates
- Health, drug, and dental benefits
- Life and accident insurance
- Paid personal time off, in addition to vacation leave
- Free uniforms and equipment
- Free high-quality formal and on-job training
- Annual paid loyalty award
- Education assistance funds and family scholarship programs
- Advancement opportunities within a large, national organization
The Security Professional is responsible to protect “People, Property, and Information” of all our clients. They report to Site Supervisors and perform Site Security, Access Control, Event Greeters and Ushers Crowd management, COVID Adherence, and other duties assigned by the client. This is a permanent position that includes reoccurring seasonal clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
While duties vary by assignment, the duties and responsibilities in this security-related role may include, but are not limited to:
- On-foot perimeter and search patrols, inside and out-of-doors
- Alarm and security system monitoring and response
- Ensuring the health and safety of self and others in the workplace
- Adherence to CNS’ health, safety, environmental and quality policies and systems and practices
- Adherence to CNS’ Policies, Site Work Instructions, and Site Supervisor’s direction
- Functions include patrolling, reception and administration, reporting, emergency management
- Access Control to a large public venue
- Greeting and Hospitality
- Ensure all COVID precautions are maintained
- Customer Service
- Crowd management
- Bag and parcel checks on entry to the venue
- Ensure the Safety of all patrons in the event of an emergency
- Communications both via radio and written reports
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Able to obtain a Government of Canada Security Clearance
- 19+ years old
Qualifications & Skills
The incumbent must possess the following experience, skills, and attributes:
- Mental alertness to include: the ability to react calmly, quickly, and appropriately in a crisis, ability to concentrate and remain alert for up to 12 hours, a good memory and ability to communicate observed characteristics/behaviours, and demonstrated sound judgement and problem-solving ability
- Physical fitness to include: the ability to navigate multiple flights of stairs with ease, ability to navigate uneven terrain to conduct foot patrols in all weather conditions, good dexterity and balance, good vision and hearing, and superior attention to detail, including the ability to hear, observe, or smell changes to the work environment
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Professional in Appearance and Deportment
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be comfortable working around large crowds
- Situational awareness with sound observation skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, prioritize, and adapt to change
- Computer literacy, and/or an aptitude to learn is an asset
- Ability and willingness to successfully obtain a first-aid certificate
- Ability and willingness to complete CNS’ Security Officer Course
Although not required to apply the following attributes are considered assets:
- Use of Force Certified
- Veterans of the Canadian Forces or RCMP
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Bilingualism (French/English)
- Valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License, or ability to secure reliable transportation to/from the worksites
Motivation is critical to our selection process – please consider this as you present your application.
READY TO JOIN US?
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Availability: We are seeking motivated professional persons pursuing careers in the Security Field. We offer Full-time, Part-time, Special Events, weekend, and evening shifts. In your application, please specify your availability.
PLEASE QUOTE COMPETITION NUMBER: 800-07-16
Current CNS employees are requested to include your employee ID number and the competition number in your submission document to ensure your application receives proper consideration.
CNS is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified applicants who identify as Women, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, and Indigenous Persons to apply for consideration. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Commissionaires is Canada's premier security company: for more than 90 years, we've protected people and property across Canada. Commissionaires is a federation of private, not-for-profit Canadian companies with the highest retention rate in the industry, currently employing more than 21,000 people nationally.
Commissionaires Nova Scotia (CNS) is an independent, not-for-profit member of the federation that is dedicated to providing meaningful employment opportunities to former members of the Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP, and appropriately qualified others in Nova Scotia who wants to contribute to the safety and security of Canadians. With 1,500 employees across the province, we serve the government and private sector in a wide range of roles and appropriately qualified others in Nova Scotia.