Enjoy the rewards of working with Commissionaires. Work alongside experienced people in diverse and interesting job opportunities.
- Higher-than-industry pay rates
- Health, drug and dental benefits
- Life and accident insurance
- Paid personal time off, in addition to vacation leave
- Free uniforms and equipment
- Free high-quality formal and on-job training
- Education assistance funds and family scholarship programs
- Advancement opportunities within a large, national organization
Reports to: Site Supervisor
Responsible for: Security Services
Date Posted: June 29, 2020
Closing Date: July 13, 2020
It is expected that each member of the One Government Place Team will demonstrate professionalism by openly exhibiting the following inherent qualities:
- Sound Judgment
- Good mental attitude
- Physical fitness
- Flexibility in dealing with the public, Senior Politicians and with co-workers
- Have strong customer service skills
- Leadership / act as site supervisor when required for vacations and other absentness
- Excellent communication skills
- Bilingual will be considered an asset
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the Granville Street door remains locked unless otherwise directed.
- Oversee access of authorized government employees entering through the Granville Door Monday to Friday, from 8-5pm. (OGP Tenants, Ministers, MLAs, EAs, DMs, ADMs, Communications NS and Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal workers who have government issued ID’s are not required to sign in).
- Ensure all visitors accompanying authorized individuals entering the building through the Granville Street door sign in. The authorized user must accept responsibility for the visitor if they are proceeding on the elevator. If not, the Commissionaire will contact the OGP tenant (or assigned contact person) to advise that visitors have arrived and are being sent in the elevator to wait in the lobby on the floor of their meeting place. Commissionaires will be provided with a tenant list of phone numbers and cell phone lines which will be updated on a regular basis.
- Maintain a heightened awareness when the Premier enters OGP from the Granville level.
- Issue visitor passes to anyone who cannot produce a government ID.
- Oversee access and sign-in/out of the public for Media events/Legislative Committee meetings. During these predetermined times, the Granville Street Door will be unlocked to allow members of the public to enter from Granville Street. (See SWI #2
- Individuals wearing a Media card will not be required to sign in.
- If the individual indicates he/she is Media but they are not wearing a Media Pass, the individual will be asked to sign in and will be issued a Temporary Media Pass provided sufficient media identification can be produced (Sufficient can be defined as: the individual having a letter from the editor or news director on official letterhead; verification of the individual by another crew member of the same media outlet and/or media identification from the media outlet).
- Receive and log all large deliveries (stationary stock orders, boxes) at the Granville Street door. The Granville Street level Commissionaire will open the door to allow the delivery to occur. The Commissionaire will then contact the tenant to come down to escort the delivery to the appropriate floor (Commissionaires will be provided with a tenant list of phone numbers and cell phone lines which will be updated on a regular basis). Any suspicious deliveries will be held for inspection by authorities.
- Log and store securely, all hand-delivered envelopes and packages. The Commissionaire will contact the tenant or the assigned contact person to collect envelopes/packages. Commissionaires are not to leave their post to deliver envelopes/packages. Any suspicious packages will be held for inspection by authorities.
- Maintain logs for deliveries and visitor sign-in and is aware of media events or meetings occurring in the Granville Street level meeting rooms.
- Contact the OGP Chief Emergency Officer or Deputy Chief Emergency Officer in the event that a visitor questions the OGP building access procedures.
- Liaise with the Department of Internal Services, Security: Manager of Corporate Security; TIR Contract Manager; Chief Emergency Officer for OGP (Deputy Chief Emergency Officer as alternate); RCMP and/or HRM Police on security matters.
- Provide assistance to all personnel during emergency situations or evacuations.
- Perform a thorough walk-through of the building to ensure no one has entered the building illegally once the Barrington Street entrance is locked (after 5pm) and at a minimum of every 2 hours throughout the night shift.
READY TO JOIN US?
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Commissionaires Nova Scotia is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
WHO WE ARE
Commissionaires is Canada's premier security provider: for more than 90 years, we have protected people and property across Canada. Commissionaires is a federation of private, not-for-profit Canadian companies with the highest retention rate in the industry, currently employing more than 22,000 people nationally.
Commissionaires Nova Scotia (CNS) is an independent member of the federation that is dedicated to providing meaningful employment opportunities to former members of the Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP, and appropriately qualified others who want to contribute to the safety and security of Canadians. With 1,500 employees across the province, we serve government and the private sector in a wide range of roles.