Enjoy the rewards of working with Commissionaires. Work alongside experienced people in diverse and interesting job opportunities.
- Higher-than-industry pay rates
- Health, drug, and dental benefits
- Life and accident insurance
- Paid personal time off, in addition to vacation leave
- Free uniforms and equipment
- Free high-quality formal and on-job training
- Education assistance funds and family scholarship programs
- Advancement opportunities within a large, national organization
Create, implement, and maintain an e-based Training and Development program
We are seeking an experienced, seasoned, and organized individual to join CNS HR to provide HR and related advisory services, and to create solutions that lead to enhanced operational and organizational performance.
Reporting directly to the Director of Human Resources. The Human Resources Performance Manager’s Primary role is to understand the business needs of managers and staff, and to provide an HR approach that supports the CNS’s strategic business direction, and to play a partnership role with operational managers and supervisors in creating an effective work environment that drives individual employee engagement and retention of valuable team members and performers. The secondary role of HR Performance Manager is to advise and implement innovative and competitive human resources approaches and practices that develop a high performance culture and to provide practical HR advice that balances business needs and that emphasizes empowerment of personnel; productivity and product quality; superior safe work practices; and compliance with corporate, industry, and regulatory standards. The HR Performance Manager will use data and HR knowledge as well as a customer service orientation to provide advice and support HR team integration and service delivery that provides measurable results.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Management Advisory Services
- Employee Relations and Performance
- Workplace Resolutions and Support
- Training and Development Services
- Employee Communications and Engagement
To be considered for this newly created position you must meet the following minimum qualifications.
- Relevant HR degree / diploma + minimum 5 years HR management or senior HR officer / advisor level experience
- Strong people orientation balanced with an understanding of Organizational business needs
- Experience in a culturally diverse work environment
- Fluent in Windows / MS Office environment plus HR information systems
- Proven hands-on experience designing, implementing, and facilitating staff training and worksite performance solutions
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills, including written and verbal reports
- Proven ability to deliver supervisory and management advisory services, including needs assessments, planning, development, and implementation of training programs which address specific needs such as an employee engagement survey or other performance assessments an asset
- Ability to work independently within organizational structures and services, and contribute to the success of the Organization, working collaboratively with other team members on reactive and proactive assignments and issues
Qualifications considered an asset
- Certificate in Adult Education
- Certified Human Resources Professional designation (CHRP) (or equivalent experience and education)
- Training and Development Certificate
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills to assist managers in resolving workplace issues.
- Experience with Sage HRMS optimization/development
- Working knowledge of customer service and service orientation to operations, structure, and positions integrating this model and understanding into human resources planning and initiatives.
- Supporting the HR team in the creation of an integrated service approach leading to demonstrable front-line performance
- Knowledge of current best practice HR approaches leading to business results. Applies knowledge to development and application of overall human resources results and management advice within organizational and HR strategy, plan, policies, processes, and practices
- Up to date knowledge of NS employment legislation including Duty to Accommodate, Employment Equity Act, Human Rights legislation, Privacy Act, Labour Relations Code, and Workers’ Compensation Board
- Takes initiative to advise managers and supervisors in HR practices and processes.
- Ability to drive HR and Business results forward while possessing the ability to lead managers and employees to buy into solution focused human resources initiatives and approaches
- Problem solving ability and proven analytical skills and resourcefulness to effectively resolve people issues using a win-win approach whenever possible, yet maintaining an effective outcome business orientation
- Demonstrated strong facilitation, developmental and coaching to assist managers in resolving and preventing workplace issues
- Working knowledge of company operations, structure, and positions to integrate understanding into human resources planning and initiatives
- Experience in Employee Communication and Employee Engagement, as well as Training and Development leading to measurable impact and organizational success to drive worksite and team and corporate excellence
Please apply to this competition by submitting your cover letter and resume, in a single document to:
email@example.com or via fax: (902) 434 0504
PLEASE QUOTE COMPETITION NUMBER: 800-10-16
Current CNS employees are requested to include your employee ID number in your submission document to ensure your application receives proper consideration.
CNS is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified applicants who identify as Women, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, and Indigenous Persons to apply for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Commissionaires is Canada's premier security company: for more than 90 years, we have protected people and property across Canada. Commissionaires is a federation of private, not-for-profit Canadian companies with the highest retention rate in the industry, currently employing more than 21,000 people nationally. Commissionaires Nova Scotia (CNS) is an independent not-for-profit member of the federation that is dedicated to providing meaningful employment opportunities to former members of the Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP, and appropriately qualified others in Nova Scotia who wants to contribute to the safety and security of Canadians. With 1,500 employees across the province, we serve government and private sector in a wide range of roles in Nova Scotia.