Recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s best employers in 2020, Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years.
We are continually hiring responsible team members who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians. Commissionaires’ team is more than 22,000 people strong and comprised of former military, police, and others of all ages. Our employees work in a variety of roles such as General Security, Alarm Response, Concierge and Support to Law Enforcement, and Support to Government.
As part of our ever-expanding work force, we are looking for a part-time security guard to work on one of our down-town sites.
Shift timings are outlined below:
Midnight Friday to 0800 Saturday
2000 Saturday to 0800 Sunday
2000 Sunday to 0800 Monday
Ensure the safety and security of establishment clients and control access to safeguard premises while providing excellent customer service.
- Province of Alberta Security Guard License
- Qualified Standard or Emergency First Aid
- High level of English fluency for speaking, reading and writing
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Government of Canada Reliability Clearance
Duties and Responsibilities
- Control access to establishments, issues passes if required and direct or escort visitors
- Patrol assigned areas on foot or in vehicles to guard against theft, vandalism and fire
- Enforce regulations of an establishment in order to maintain security and resolve conflicts
- Operate security control-room equipment to monitor establishment
- Use computers and other devices to communicate with others
- Use clear and concise radio and emergency procedures to relay pertinent information
- Ensure that established safety and emergency procedures are followed and respond to fire alarms, bomb threats and other emergencies
- Professional image with excellent customer service skills
- Excellent aptitude to navigate newer technologies
- Familiarity with MS Office an asset
- Former Canadian military or RCMP a strong asset
Applicants must submit their resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements.
We thank you for your interest but only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.