Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years.
Reporting to the Site Supervisor/Assistant Site Supervisor, Monitoring Officers are responsible for using the site camera and alarm systems to detect undesired activity at or near site property and to respond quickly and effectively. They work in an office environment for our client and interact directly with computer systems which control the client's security apparatus. When an incident is detected they will be responsible for communicating with emergency services, Security and other internal partners to ensure that needed information is communicated.
· Must possess an Alberta Security Guard License
· Advanced computer skills most notably Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook) are essential
· Personable team player with a proven ability to operate independently in a wide variety of dynamic and challenging situations
· Enthusiastic and self-motivated with strong organizational, time management, priority setting and customer service skills
· Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision
· Proven ability to make informed decisions without unnecessary delay
· Current Standard First Aid
· High level of English fluency for speaking, reading and writing
· Experience as supervisor in a security environment (strong asset)
· Experience in a security control center monitoring video and alarm systems (strong asset)
· Ability to obtain and maintain a Blue Badge (7 year Canadian background check required)
Applications will be received until a suitable candidate has been found. Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online.
We thank you for your interest but only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
*Must be fully vaccinated
*The Division respects your human rights and will accommodate protected grounds in accordance with its lawful obligations.