Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years.
We are continually hiring responsible team members who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians. Commissionaires’ team is more than 22,000 people strong and comprised of former military, police, and others of all ages. Our employees work in a variety of roles such as General Security, Alarm Response, Concierge and Support to Law Enforcement, and Support to Government.
As part of our ever-expanding work force, we are looking for Security Guards in Medicine Hat and surrounding Area to work on a variety of different sites for Casual, Part-Time, and Full-Time positions.
Act as a Security Guard to ensure the safety and security of establishment clients and control access to safeguard premises while providing excellent customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Control access to establishments, issues passes if required and direct or escort visitors
· Patrol assigned areas on foot or in vehicles to guard against theft, vandalism and fire
· Enforce regulations of an establishment in order to maintain security and resolve conflicts
· Operate security control-room equipment to monitor establishment
· Use computers and other devices to communicate with others
· Use clear and concise radio and emergency procedures to relay pertinent information
· Ensure that established safety and emergency procedures are followed and respond to fire alarms, bomb threats and other emergencies
· Must be 18 years of age
· Must hold valid Alberta Security Services License
· Fluent in English to Level 5 of Canadian Language Benchmark
· First Aid
· Must be able to adjust job priorities
· Some knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Strong customer service skills
· Work 8/10/12 hour shifts, starting any time of the day/week/year
· May be exposed to prolonged periods of walking, sitting or standing
· May be employed indoors or outdoors in periods of inclement weather
· Climbing or descending stairs