Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years. As part of our ever-expanding work force, we are looking for Casual Photo Laser Operators in Red Deer.
Reporting to the Commissionaire Photo Laser Supervisor, Photo Laser Operators are responsible for conducting enforcement at designated sites assigned to them and set up their units in accordance with their training. They are responsible to make accurate, legible notes during their deployment (to be used in court), daily summary reports, and incident reports. There may be other tasks assigned by the Supervisor. This is a casual position to start, with the potential to develop into full time. Shifts vary between 0630 and 2200, 7 days a week.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Successfully obtain and maintain an RCMP security clearance
- A valid Alberta Class 5 (Non-GDL) Driver’s License along with a clean driving abstract
- Must be fully vaccinated and willing to provide proof in compliance with our client mandated vaccine requirements
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma, IQAS or GED
- Must possess valid first aid or be willing to obtain it
Skills and Abilities
- Strong computer skills ability to learn technology devices (phones, equipment)
- High level of English fluency for speaking, reading and writing in order to meet the requirement to provide evidence in Court
- Have excellent problem-solving skills with an ability to handle emergency situations in a calm manner
- Deal professionally and courteously with the public at all times
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential is imperative
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Former RCMP/Military experience and Military family member (Strong Asset)
- Physical ability to move the photo laser equipment and set up in all weather conditions
- Must be able to lift and move up to 40 lbs.; ability to sit for long periods of time
Position Training Requirements
- Successful completion of the Vitronic FM1 Photo Laser Operator Course (Theory and Practical)
- Successfully achieve appointment as a Community Peace Officer and to abide by the Public Security Peace Officer Program.
*On the job paid training will be provided to the successful candidate*
The Division respects your human rights and will accommodate protected grounds in accordance with its lawful obligations.
Applicants must submit a cover letter along with their resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements. Applications will be received until suitable candidates has been found. More than one position is being considered during this competition. Only those applicants who have been chosen for an interview will be notified.