Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years.
We are continually hiring responsible team members who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians. Commissionaires’ team is comprised of former military, police, and others of all ages. Our employees work in a variety of roles such as General Security, Alarm Response, Concierge and Support to Law Enforcement, and Support to Government.
As part of our ever-expanding work force, we are looking for a Mobile Device Coordinator(MDC) to join our team.
The Mobile Device Coordinator will lead the ongoing deployment and configuration of Division’s mobile device management program. The MDC will manage all mobile devices issued within the Division headquarters, regional offices and client sites including purchasing, set-up, deployment, training and tracking. The MDC will work closely with the Operations Team to configure and deploy to client sites, mobile hardware and software supporting the Division’s Integrated Management System (IMS).
The MDC plays a key role in the ongoing success of the IMS program including developing standardized mobile device management processes, efficient deployment of mobile equipment, providing enhanced customer-centric care to both internal and external users and ensuring the appropriate resources and training are delivered in a timely manner.
This position is considered part-time to ¾ time depending on operational needs (24 hours per week to 32 hours per week) This will be variable shifts and hours (some weekends as operational requirements dictate)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Order, receive and manage the mobile device inventory for the entire Division
- Work with Finance, Contracts and Operations to optimize asset quantity and performance
- Maintain detailed records and logs of all purchases, returns, users, and other key records/information related to the tracking and issuance of devices
- Ensure all devices are correctly setup with tracking software as well as appropriate configuration based on the user profile permissions
- Proactive manage and optimize mobile device deployment including timely issuance and return, life cycle maintenance and care
- Work with mobile device vendor and Director of Contracts to reduce costs, adjust data plans, etc. on an ongoing and proactive basis
- Lead the assessment, planning and execution of new device site set up at client sites
- Work with the Operations Team and the Manager, Division Coordination Centre to install the appropriate use-case-driven, IMS features to a mobile device or client site.
- Maintain comprehensive and detailed training guides & material, end-user work instructions, and quick reference guides which are linked to other Divisional standard operating procedures.
- Organize, facilitate, and deliver detailed training sessions to Division employees and customers on IMS features including guard tour and incident reporting applications, safety applications, client portal and other features.
- Installation, initial and ongoing configuration of IMS hardware and software on client sites. Basic installation, programming and management of device software.
- Create and configure IMS application user-profiles, reports, and other system app set up.
- Define and maintain an adequate redundancy and continuity program for mobile devices
- Conduct regular audit counts of devices as well as regular site inspections of devices to ensure proper working order and attend to customer queries
- Develop a subject-matter-expert level (SME) understanding of guard-facing IMS applications
- Review and coordinate system health checks to ensure optimal performance and report any security-related issues to management.
- Assist with the regular updating of overall IMS technical documentation as they relate to mobile device applications.
- Maintain device cyber security profiles, and manage the remote deactivation in the event of loss or theft
Skills & Abilities:
- Technically adept in the use and operation of mobile devices and applications. Demonstrated experience working with basic mobile device applications
- Superior communication and customer service skills with demonstrated ability to form and maintain long-term positive working relationships with Division clients.
- Strong computer skills most notably Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Effective written and verbal presentation skills: English essential;
- Ability to understand and create technical documentation
- Strong organizational, time management and priority setting skills;
- Personable team player with a proven ability to operate independently in a wide variety of dynamic and challenging situations;
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Canadian Government - Reliability security clearance and pass a criminal background check.
Experience & Education:
- Recent Canadian Forces or RCMP service are definite assets;
- 2 years’ experience in a mobile device management role and familiarity with Android OS.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field from a recognized university or,
- Previous logistics management or related experience;
- An acceptable combination of education and experience.
This list is not all-inclusive and other business requirements may be included to which the incumbent will be obliged to perform.
Applicants must submit a cover letter along with their resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements.
We thank you for your interest but only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.