Recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s best employers in 2020, Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation.
Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years.
We are continually hiring responsible team members who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians. Our new focus aligns with our commitment to hiring and developing a more diverse work force. Commissionaires’ team is more than 22,000 people strong and comprised of former military, police, and others of all ages. Our employees work in a variety of roles such as General Security, Alarm Response, Concierge and Support to Law Enforcement, and Support to Government.
As part of our ever-expanding work force, we are looking for Security Guards to work on a variety of our Law Enforcement Contract for Casual coverages with a potential of becoming Full Time employment.
- Valid Alberta Security License
- Emergency First Aid
- Successfully complete a CPS enhanced security clearance background check (Minimum 5 years residency in Canada)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong computer skills ability to learn technology devices (phones, equipment)
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a high paced, dynamic and fluid environment
- Ability to handle stress, work well with others and function effectively during demanding situations
- High level of English fluency for speaking, reading and writing
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with strong organizational, time management and priority setting skills
- Former Military or RCMP Experience (Strong Asset)
Applicants must submit a cover letter along with their resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements.
Only those applicants who have been chosen for an interview will be notified.