Commissionaires is a not-for-profit provider of security services that operates across the nation. There are now 15 divisions representing all the provinces of Canada and three territories. Commissionaires Southern Alberta is responsible for providing professional security services for Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, and Suffield. We have protected people and property for public and private sector clients from coast to coast for more than 90 years.
We have an exciting new opportunity to join the Commissionaires, Southern Alberta team as a Recruitment Specialist. Playing a key role for the Southern Alberta Division, the Recruitment Specialist leads the organization’s recruitment program including forecasting, planning and execution. The position is responsible for the successful sourcing and recruitment of candidates across the Division and this includes but is not limited to: working with the service delivery teams to establish labour pool forecasts, full cycle recruitment activity including outreach, creating and nurturing key relationships with appropriate recruitment partners, candidate assessment/interview, placement, onboarding, and providing guidance and consultation to hiring managers on effective recruitment practices and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supports the organization and clients by providing full cycle recruitment activities including networking, advertising, candidate review, screening, interviewing and successful onboarding of new team members
· Source and maintain a current pipeline of candidates to meet current and future operational staffing requirements.
· Collaborate with hiring managers in all regions, to maintain a current understanding of business requirements and recruitment needs
· Champion diversity and inclusiveness in the candidate selection process, ensuring compliance areas are met
· Establish and implement sourcing plans including developing effective recruitment strategies to support organizational requirements.
· Proactively identifies and builds relationships with potential recruitment sources, third party vendors, and arranging and facilitating job fairs
· Full utilization of the Division’s applicant tracking system
· Prepare monthly and quarterly reports to track key performance indicators for the organization
· Identify and establish effective key performance metrics to measure recruitment results as a means to ensure effective continuous improvement service delivery
· Other duties as directed by the Director, Human Resources
Skills & Abilities:
· Demonstrated proficiency using an applicant tracking system
· Superior communication and customer service skills with demonstrated ability to form and maintain long-term positive working relationships with Division clients and external partners.
· Proven ability to excel in a fast paced, high volume environment
· Strong computer skills most notably Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
· Ability to multitask and easily adapt to changing priorities with a high sense of urgency
· Effective written and verbal presentation skills: English essential;
· Strong organizational, time management and priority setting skills;
· Personable team player with a proven ability to operate independently;
· Must possess or be able to obtain a Canadian government reliability security clearance and pass a criminal background check.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel to Regional offices as required.
· Comprehensive knowledge of Alberta Employment Standards Code and Alberta Human Rights Act,
· Detailed knowledge of the Employment Equity Act;
· Recent and relevant knowledge of industry HR policies and procedures;
· Strong knowledge of Canadian Forces and RCMP organizational, occupational, employment and retirement programs; and
· Recent Canadian Forces or RCMP service considered an asset.
Experience & Education:
· Hold the professional designation of Certified Human Resources professional and/or Registered Professional Recruiter (strong assets)
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a high volume recruitment role
· Post-secondary education in recruitment or a relevant field;
· Previous experience developing successful recruitment initiatives;
· An acceptable combination of education and experience
· Must be a Canadian Citizen or legally able to work in Canada
Applicants must submit a cover letter along with their resume indicating how their experiences meet these requirements.
We thank you for your interest but only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.